Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 542 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Resqme, I see a Pull Pal in your future with all those holes the dog is finding/ digging!:)
It is snowing here in SW Washington above 3,500' level with about 4-6" of white stuff forecast for the next 2 days. :) :) Can't get enough of the snow. Most people just don't "get" it. Good for us!
BTW what are you doing up @ 12:09 am?
Toyrocs

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
They did, but not bad. Drizzled off and on most of the day, foggy at night. I went in to day run and look at snow conditions. Last weekend's storm didn't change much...still losing the pack pretty steady, lost about a foot this week (typical melt is two feet a week, so it is a bit slower). Lots of big holes that weren't there last week.

I know, that's what I get for letting the dog drive :flipoff2:
I had been wondering when and who would be the one to fall through right there at the spillway. Glad it was you and not me:p

This just shows how dangerous this time of year can be and that experience is so crucial to have. It could be a leg that goes through a hole like that making a trip go from fun to extraction in a second. I fell through a while back up to my armpits. :eek: I was lucky that there was fresh powder on top to soften the fall.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Ouch!!

btw, Thanks for staying on the air that night.
Yeah, no problem. Sounded like a long night to me. I saw your tracks a week or so later where you winched at the second dam...brutal.

At the spillway I was sitting on top of the snow one second, and the next I was on the tailgate, wasn't even moving at the time, was sitting taking a picture up the spillway when it just gave way...spooky! Winch angle was bad...had a choice of using an extension and a strap to get 200' of cable out or go down into the creek to get to a tree...I chose the 200' plan.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Just got home.from the trail.. made it to Ellis.. about 8" of snow fell there last night. Still a boat load of snow at Ellis about 8-10'. Highly doubt any one can make it much past Ellis. The bowl required winching for probably 90% of it.

Good weekend.. would still be out there but Saturday the snow/rain soaked everything I owned.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Man thats a lot of snow still up there. But on the outher hand gives me time to finish work up on the rig for a fun long summer.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I was up at tahoe from friday to monday. got snow saturday and sunday. went to the tahoe side enterance and the plow line is just outside the neighbor hood with still about 4-5 feet of snow pack. Too many tree holes so we didn't go in. I'de say at least mid june before the trail is ready for wheeling on.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Man thats a lot of snow still up there. But on the other hand gives me time to finish work up on the rig for a fun long summer.
X2, I was just thinking that this morning.:laughing: Making a punch list to get all those maintenance items done, plus any upgrades.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Wonder what my odds are of bringing a trailer into the springs on June 24th from the Tahoe side.????

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
I'm working the Kiosk on Saturday, does anyone know if No. Shore CG is accessible?

·
"All Weeee Drive!"
12,033 Posts
Please post up Trail Conditions on the Tahoe side.
We will be in Tahoma for a week starting June 12th.
Debating on bringing my Scout or finding a Boat to tow up.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Like some one else mentioned the new snow melts fast, and should help melt the old snow. We plan on going up again the 3rd weekend in june, and feel that most snow should be gone by then.

Like i said it wasn't that cold, most of saturday the "snow" was what i call shmain, it's snow but it is so wet that it melts once it hits anything. It wasn't until saturday around 5pm that the snow really started to fall and stick.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I'm working the Kiosk on Saturday, does anyone know if No. Shore CG is accessible?
It is in your rig, but not in a rv or even a stock 4WD pickup. Snowline starts at the chalet, people working the fron t of the trail have been camping by the side of the road there.

I'll be going up Friday and will confirm those conditions are current, they were as of Monday.

The first post in this thread is consistently upgraded as info rolls in, so you can always check there.

41 - 60 of 542 Posts