Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 100 of 542 Posts

·
"All Weeee Drive!"
12,033 Posts

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
It rained most of the weekend at the Loon spillway. Still lots of holes and one you wanna watch out for as you enter the spillway. We put up some caution tape but try to stay right(towards the Lake). The tracks to the left actually go over the edge and the hole was about 4' deep.

Go right.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
It rained most of the weekend at the Loon spillway. Still lots of holes and one you wanna watch out for as you enter the spillway. We put up some caution tape but try to stay right(towards the Lake). The tracks to the left actually go over the edge and the hole was about 4' deep.

Go right.
You're a good man Charlie Brown

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
WOW we are going in on the 23rd-25th.. maybe... That is a lot of snow... Can anyone get to Buck?

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #85 (Edited)
WOW we are going in on the 23rd-25th.. maybe... That is a lot of snow... Can anyone get to Buck?
AFAIK, no one has been to Buck since way earlier in the spring. Getting to Spider is the hard part...past that there is less snow as you go down towards Buck. Last trip that I know of to Spider was three weeks ago, took two very competent folks in good rigs 14 hours to get out...

Here's the good news:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #86 (Edited)
This weeks bathroom pic...

...comparing to last week's, looks like if we lost anything at all, it was negligible.

And one of the trail past Ellis...nasty.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
This time of year it takes days, yes days, to get anywhere. 35's just won't cut it. The snow will have to melt quite a bit more. Fortunately, I hear summer is coming??

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Welcome to June-uary. Rained all night hard here in reno and all ditches are full and streams flowing fast and deep. Rain can melt a lot of snow but that = flooding and drainage issues. This global warming is getting tiresome...

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
I'm heading up to Loon Thursday mourning to check conditions, I have a trip planned for the 19th, sounds like an awesome hectic time!
I'll be up Thursday afternoon for the same reason (check conditions). Maybe I'll see ya there. Blue CJ7 on 40's.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
No worries about the weather, I have a reliable source that say Summer is only 2 weeks away.

June 21st.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'll be up Thursday afternoon for the same reason (check conditions). Maybe I'll see ya there. Blue CJ7 on 40's.
Cool man, ill be there around afternoon as well, coming from Roseville, be in a 2003 Black TJ with 35's and half door's with safari top, hope to see ya there.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
I appreciate the itch to "get up there", I've had it for a month or more. And I know it's been said a lot...Tread Lightly!

Run VERY low tire pressure, 3-5 psi is good.

Don't spin tires on wet trail surface, remember the transition from armored trail surface to snow has most potential for trail damage.

Use your winch, BEFORE you make multiple tries to get up.

Don't work the edge of the trail, try to stay on top of the snow.

Recognize when going further will cause damage and turn around.

·
Registered
783 Posts
resqme and butcherman need to hurry back and upload any photos they take today! lol
Oh, tread lightly while up there guys!

·
Registered
716 Posts
I don't have any pics of the trail, but here's a few of Loon on Wednesday

This is just past the Chalet

Wentworth Springs Rd wasn't open for the tow pig

81 - 100 of 542 Posts