Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 120 of 542 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Even with this cold weather, the snow levels have dropped a ton.
Its only going to get better with this "summer" weather approaching.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Some pics from the Tahoe side (6/9/11):

Here are some shots taken just shy of the staging area on the Tahoe side. Just made a road trip up with the truck to see if towing a trailer in was getting anywhere close to possible. Answer: maybe, in a couple weeks.
Bear out sniffing around for food. Be on alert.

Last couple pics of truck is where we turned around, just shy of the staging area. The snow becomes consistently 1-2+ feet deep at that point. And is pretty mushy.

Good times to be had soon....:D

Attachments

·
Registered
783 Posts
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:
It is getting closer! Looks like I will not be able to tow the trailer over wentworth in about a week and a half.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:
It is getting closer! Looks like I will not be able to tow the trailer over wentworth in about a week and a half.
If you're talking about Hartless, it was cleared by a local, should be able to get over it now :)

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Pics

Weekly bathroom pic, looks like we lost about 14" of snow this week. Also a pcouple of Ellis Creek, up about a foot from five days ago, about 40' wide at the crossing. last one is the cut at the second dam...still 15+ feet of snow in there.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Weekly bathroom pic, looks like we lost about 14" of snow this week. Also a pcouple of Ellis Creek, up about a foot from five days ago, about 40' wide at the crossing. last one is the cut at the second dam...still 15+ feet of snow in there.
John,
How much snow at the Kiosk? Was the caution tape still up that Mark and I put at the spillway?
That drift before the second dam is HUGE!! Looks the same as last weekend.

·
Slow Poke
3,587 Posts
Be there week of july 4th

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
John,
How much snow at the Kiosk? Was the caution tape still up that Mark and I put at the spillway?
Still 2-3 feet of snow at the kiosk, the tape is still up, and that hole is pretty big! Same one I fell in two weeks ago and was advising folks to scout before they went across the spillway. Caution tape was a good idea though.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
i appreciate as well as other im sure, the updates that those of you do that go check it out weekly.

·
Registered
557 Posts
So what is it looking like for the 4th? any predictions?

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
So what is it looking like for the 4th? any predictions?
I'm guessing most of the trail will be in good shape by then, with the exception of the Tahoe side. All depends on the weather from now til then. Pray for sun and wind :smokin:

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
i think summer is finally here even though is taking longer to get into the warmer digits. i think the rains finally gone away. "knocking on wood"

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sitting up at loon lake the temps stayed were the snow melted threw the night. Still getting over the back side of the first damn on less than 35s have fun. And it will be good slush most of the day and into the night.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
North Shore Campground fit for trailers yet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The report is looking like a lot of snow remaining for the 25th-30th. We are wanting to come down for a run on those days. Keeping a close eye.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #117

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #119

·
5,906 Posts
:eek:

101 - 120 of 542 Posts