Pirate 4x4 banner

181 - 200 of 397 Posts

·
1,848 Posts
Heard Wentworth still has snow past Hartless but I bet it's going fast.

·
savage
1,972 Posts
just patches in the shade in the last downhill part, a stock 4x4 could have almost (almost) made it last sunday, bet it's almost clear by now.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hopefully Wentworth will be clear in a few weeks for the trailer. Unless I wont need to tow my POS up next time :rolleyes:. Usually the snow/ice last to melt is right before the Ice House Intersection when you get on the other side of the mountain where the sun don't shine much. Soon.

·
Registered
544 Posts
What about on the Wentworth side? I'm thinking about fishing Gerle Creek. I guess one could call it a classic tailwater fishery:lmao:

·
Registered
493 Posts
I don't know about the creek now, probably flowing like a mo'fo, but you wanna get in some killer trout action fish the Gerle Creek Divide Reservoir right after the thaw which is just about now. I toss in a trout patterned rapala, 4-6 inches, and you will get these 18" browns coming out of the depths like a bat out of hell virtually everytime. The bite is only good for a small window though. Can't wait to get up there though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im betting the fishing is going to be great this year, for the simple fact that gerle creek res. was closed last summer due to renovation of the camp ground.
I hope to make it up there myself before i leave the area.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Im betting the fishing is going to be great this year, for the simple fact that gerle creek res. was closed last summer due to renovation of the camp ground.
I hope to make it up there myself before i leave the area.
Just because the campground was closed doesnt mean there isnt another way in... no wonder why the fishing was so good last year :flipoff2:.

·
Team 261 - VP
4,869 Posts
I went to Ellis on Saturday to clean the bathroom...sadly, I didn't have any TP with me...it's empty right now...so BYOTP until it can get restocked.

I think we can put the bathroom at Ellis to bed for 2012....

The last obligatory shot of 2012. Anyone know about the label on the door??? It was fine on April 15.

The plate is fine here...amazing 20 days of weather change can do.

·
Phobohomic
1,247 Posts
Anyone know about the label on the door??? It was fine on April 15.
It is likely recreationists collected and removed it while they were planting mosquito fish for this season.

181 - 200 of 397 Posts