Thread for Volvo in rally section.

Truck update.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Who's doing the work? Someone local?
A friend of mine. He mainly builds drag cars. Till recently lol. Now he bought himself a u4 chassis. Funkhouser race cars.

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
Picked it up last week. I'll take more pics when I move but it's wrapped up with a tarp till then.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
hell yea man! what is that a 3 link in the rear, with bypasses and coilovers, full bed cage, AND a working tailgate?! That's bitchin

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
hell yea man! what is that a 3 link in the rear, with bypasses and coilovers, full bed cage, AND a working tailgate?! That's bitchin
4 link rear, complete backhalf, and yes a working tailgate.

I really wanted to keep a tailgate as it makes a good seat, bench, table, etc.
it also 12" longer behind the wheels than I had it originally. And no more dove tail. So if anyone wants that 12" shorter tailgate let me know. Otherwise I'm going to hang it in the shop when I get it done.
There's a simple inside hoop too. All 1.75 .120 dom

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
So I actually did something today. I painted the cage and took a few measurements. It cycles right at 22" of rear wheel travel.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
Cut up some bedsides to fit. It was a mint shortbed. The first pic shows how much I had to drop the rear down. The second pic shows it all straight. I had to drop the tailgate down about 2".

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
Small update. I got the fenders mounted with rivnuts and 5/16 hardware. Filled the driverside floor in.

Got a set of 40"x13.5 procomp mt2..... sold the h1 setup but now I need a set of wheels.

Attachments

241 - 260 of 537 Posts