Pirate 4x4 banner

401 - 420 of 537 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Should be around 40psi. Itll definitely be a choke point but will work till I can upgrade it later.
They won't do 40 PSI for long :laughing: The stock-based turbo and 15 degree HPOP are going to be at odds with some 238cc injectors.

Out of curiosity, how much boost pressure are you currently getting out of your setup? I am guessing that you are pretty close to sea level too?
My 2000 7.3L has a wicked wheel 2 compressor, Banks 4" exhaust with a power elbow (EBPV delete), and a PHP hydra chip with the standard tunes. I normally run in the 80HP setting and the most I have seen is about 25 PSI, but I have never had the truck below about 3,900' (I live at 7,000') and have 245,000 on the original injectors.

Good looking truck by the way.

·
Registered
143 Posts
They won't do 40 PSI for long :laughing: The stock-based turbo and 15 degree HPOP are going to be at odds with some 238cc injectors.

Out of curiosity, how much boost pressure you currently getting out of your setup? I am guessing that you are pretty close to sea level too?
My 2000 7.3L has a wicked wheel 2 compressor, Banks 4" exhaust with a power elbow (EBPV delete), and a PHP hydra chip with the standard tunes. I normally run in the 80HP setting and the most I have seen is about 25 PSI, but I have never had the truck below about 3,900' (I live at 7,000') and have 245,000 on the original injectors.

It's an excuse to justify a Cummins swap. Turning up a 7.3 like that will result in the pistons and rods seeing the light of day.

·
Registered
463 Posts
It's an excuse to justify a Cummins swap. Turning up a 7.3 like that will result in the pistons and rods seeing the light of day.
Ye of little faith :laughing:

A bone stock 7.3L will handle 400HP at the wheels pretty easily. The forged rod motors ('94-'97 and most of the '99 & '00 models) will take 500HP at the wheels with modern tuning and head studs, valve springs and push rods. Hell, I have heard of the PMR motors holding together pretty well at the 500HP mark with modern tuning that makes all the power up high to avoid the low end torque that kills rods. It is the 550-600HP mark that gets dicey with a stock bottom end.

·
Premium Member
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #404

Out of curiosity, how much boost pressure are you currently getting out of your setup? I am guessing that you are pretty close to sea level too?

I get right about 24-26ish in the top side. The van exhaust housing and wheel are a little odd. It’s a non wastegated 1.0 iirc. Gotta remember the obs injectors are crap. Only 90cc. My truck is fairly light and if something happens with the turbo I’ll upgrade to a s467.7

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I let Jody talk me into the S366 with 1.0 housing and its a bit lazy for an offroad truck. I told him I drive it below 2k, but this thing doesn't do much until 2-2200rpm. Matt at Irate uses a S364.5 and a .90 housing for the same "recipe" and my bet is that it spools how I wish mine did.

·
Premium Member
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
Well I took it out for New Years and broke it. Motorhome towed it pretty good. Better than I was expecting. I was pushing the truck pretty hard through some whoops and the motor mount or something bent or broke. That let the oil cooler hit the frame rail and it busted the front oil cooler mount off the engine. I’ve already ordered a new end piece and a motor mount. I’ll be reinforcing what ever bent or broke. I’m also going to swap in my spare 4407 transfer case with the cv front yoke and order a 1350cv front shaft. Gotta prep for koh.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #407
Had to make a few adjustments to the rear bypasses while out there. A few turns on the compression tubes is all.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #410
your rust prevention program is all taken care of for koh, lol. it amazes me how smooth that thing is running through the whoops with all that weight!
The heavier it is the easier it is to make it smooth. I’m right at 6k about the same as a trophy truck.

·
Premium Member
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #413 (Edited)
so what im hearing is that its basically a trophy truck then :smokin: :grinpimp:
Not quite.

I’m hoping to get front bypasses sometime too though.

I am now trying to figure out what to do about my front driveshaft. I was looking for a 1350cv flange style. Basically a stock superduty front shaft but 42” long. It’s looking like a Neapco is the best bet. I even found a Unassembled “kit” https://www.drivetrainamerica.com/neapco-n921052-3000-ford-unwelded-driveshaft-assembly-1350-cv/

It’s cheaper than buying the pieces individually

·
Premium Member
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #417
I ordered a set of 238/80 injectors and some custom tunes from JeliBuilt. Should be pretty rowdy. I’m currently waiting for someone to hopefully find a superduty motormount and adapter. Mine is stamped steel and it looks like the superduty ones are cast thick. I’m hoping it’s all the same.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #418
I got the motor mount fixed and gusseted up. I swapped my transfercase and played around with the front driveshaft. The 1350 superduty shaft is 4” short so no big deal.
I got the 238/80% injectors in and the hydra programmer with custom tunes from JeliBuilt performance. On the lowest tune it’s rowdy. Makes about 32 psi (I think as the gauge only goes to 30). It almost tops the front suspension out and leans the whole truck to the right lol. After driving it a bit to burp the cooling system I got on it in 1st and when it shifted into 2nd it broke the rear u joint off at the pinion.
I found a 1410 yoke for the early 10.25 short pinion. Now I need to get a 1410 rear shaft I guess.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
incrementalism....

it is a fickle whore from which escape is unlikely before your wallet is empty...

401 - 420 of 537 Posts