Pirate 4x4 banner

121 - 140 of 537 Posts

·
Banned
3,386 Posts
instead of bellows you might want to try stainless pipes with a slip fit, or even with out. small to big in regards to exhaust flow to the turbine for the slip fit.

prob a piece of stainless sch40 pipe would be your best bet.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Dont see the point of a doubler in a diesel. As is my zf5 speed in single low is already too low for anything that isnt a high traction deal. Need to be in 2nd or 3rd to bump anything

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Nice that is some good info on the truss. Happy with how it sits on there? Did you set it relative to caster angle or other? Did you stitch to the diff housing (I can't tell from your pic)?

As someone else asked, what link setup you going to run?

Looks like it's this truss: Artec Industries Ford 81-91.5 Dana 60 Front Truss

Thanks!

Artec kingpin truss fits the 94-97 balljoint trucks too.

Welded the truss on

Going to use some 3/8" to make the steering double shear and brace the knuckle a little too.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Dont see the point of a doubler in a diesel. As is my zf5 speed in single low is already too low for anything that isnt a high traction deal. Need to be in 2nd or 3rd to bump anything
i never got a chance to try a doubler in my truck but i know it wouldve worked way better. anxious to see how this one turns out. i do miss my old truck.

·
Premium Member
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #130 (Edited)
Just FYI it is possible, but you have to pull the transmission crossmember (or cut it).:flipoff2:
With a diesel? I've tried and you can't rock them back because the turbo/ heads hits the firewall and the oil pan binds on the crossmember.
I gutted the valley and cut the head off a dt466 piston to use it as a mount for my fuel pressure regulator and to hold the plug in the old fuel pump hole.
I also got everything to convert to a van turbo so when I got the funds I can bolt a gtp38r in place.

·
Registered
466 Posts
With a diesel? I've tried and you can't rock them back because the turbo/ heads hits the firewall and the oil pan binds on the crossmember.
I've done it multiple times, I cut the motor mount bolts, 3 cuts on the crossmember, and put the hood through the windshield with the loader, then hooked the chains and lifted it with the loader while backing away from the truck.

·
Premium Member
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Ordered a set of fox 2.0 bumpstops and waiting till the 4th sales start to order front links.

·
Premium Member
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
I need a set of 3" intakes.

Made the 1/4" in to 1/8" x2 piece myself as I couldn't find anything I liked that kept it tidy.

Once I get the 3" intakes ill sort this out.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Do you still have the profenders how did they work with the bronco springs. How did the bronco springs do trying to decide on a spring pack to use on the front of my truck. Sorry to be a lil off topic.

121 - 140 of 537 Posts