Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who said trail fixes can't be art!

Here is my fix on my buiddies LJ on SledgeHammer Friday night during the Tin Bender Jambo 2008!

Bolt Farm!

It took about 2 solid hours of welding to get to a point I could drive my buddies rig out of the trail as he drove mine with a broken axle!

·
Registered
549 Posts
wow..... :eek:

I understand that it's a trail fix and all,
but damn...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I recognize that weld, we hanging out there too, you gave us a nice chance to take a drinking break. I guess you did make it out eventually.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
243 Posts
I saw a dude do something close to that with a 1/2" box wrench welded in like that on top of a steering arm. The guy was proud and shit about it after he got done and, for some stupidass reason, he cooled it off with a bottle water and the welded pile of shit cracked all to pieces.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All I have to say is WOW.

2 hours to weld?
I had to keep melting bolts into the gap made from the steer arm breaking off and bending back like a banana! We tried other options but after many broken tools we said F*ck it and I took out my bag of bolts and went to town! After about 45 min it looked good and we tested it and it cracked the welds. I was so over this shit I wasn’t going to stop until I either ran out of bolts or welding rod!

We ran out of bolts!

·
Registered
405 Posts
cause I have a prorock60 and I was looking at it the other day and wondering just how strong the high steer arms with only three bolts holding them in place.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts