Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to know where I can go ride or where people recommend for a place somewhat close or in Minnesota. I am a newbie so I really don't know much about rules or regulations also so any info is greatly appreciated. I will be posting this in the newbie section also for those that will suggest it, but I just wanted to get as much as I could on the topic. Thanks:beer: :beer:

·
Premium Member
22,080 Posts
Some wheeling in Northern Wisconsin and Michigan.

Check out RPM4x4 for their Offroad Park (for lack of a better term) - lot's of wheeling there and they have scheduled outings open to the public for small fees. Was just there in Jan. Website is: http://www.rpm4x4.com

Badlands in Indiana obviously.

Really, RPM is your best bet... don't know how far you are from them though.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Hook up with a club and get in on the Dresser Workers Weekends. :D

Also make a weekend trip up to the Gilbert Offroad Area. Pretty Sweet!
Backus/Pine River has some county trails that aren't bad.

The rest is mainly one time events - Like Ma & Pa Rockers in Superior, WI, The big toys for tots run in Rochester, Mud & Puke in Buffalo:( And the dresser memoerial weekend.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah that all sounds good, I will try the gilbert area for sure, but was thinking that there was more areas like what they have for Snowmobilers and ATV people? this actually brings up a conversations I had with a friend.

Is it illeagal to drive in the ditches? Not that it is ideal but some of that farm land is damn fun.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
the fact that your truck must be a street licensed and insured vehicle makes 99% of what ATV and snowmobile users do illegal - spend time in a ditch and you get a guaranteed ticket.

spend some time with the local clubs and learning from them and you'll be wheeling every weekend if you choose.

I'm headed to http://www.badlandsoffroad.com this weekend, leaving Thurs night. Come on down, about a 8 hour trip from Mpls, 6 hours for me. Worth every mile, IMO.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds like the plan then..... I can't get out until around mid may because I am in Fargo for school, but am going to try to find some places local though. Plus I don't have anything for rock crawling. Basically I just got the truck and have no cash to spend on it, but soon it will be ready. Thanks though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts