Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or more specifically north county San Diego, or just someone selling what I need. I'm in need of a 16-18' flatbed to haul my junk to the trails on. Must have brakes, preferably electric and on both axles. I'd like an all steel open center style, but if the price is right I'd take a full steel or wood deck. Would really prefer to not have side rails in case I wanna load a rig wider than the fenders. I know there are a few places around, but searching on google hasn't gotten me anywhere. Also if you know any good web sites with specs AND PRICES that would be appreciated. I'm getting really sick of searching all over just to find a trailer I like with no price tag.

Thanks everyone.
Dallas

·
Registered
484 Posts
hey Dallas...

I was in the same boat...not finding much on line. I found Carson Trailers in...well, Carson and went to their showroom. I wasn't impressed, but it did give me a lot of "what not to look for" and pricing. I then found a horse trailer dealer off the 15 that also sold Big Tex trailers and got a price quote at basically MSRP ($2180) +$150 delivery +tax +lic +fees for a 70CH. "I can have it here tomorrow." I asked where he was getting them from and could I just go get it and save the $150. He hesitated..."Uh, um...I have a supplier that's....uhhhh...not far away." Two days later, I finally found the supplier on my own. Big Tex Trailers in Beaumont, CA. (1425 E. 6th St...(951) 845-0965). Called them and got the price for the same trailer I would have bought from the first guy at $1885. I drove out and the paperwork was messed and the trailer had brakes on BOTH axles...he said he wouldn't charge me for the second set of brakes. I said, "Oh, and what WAS the price on this? He said...Well, let's say $1825. Nice.

The place is huge and has a LOT of inventory...like 100 or so trailers on the lot. They have a golf cart to take you around looking at all of them.

Anyway...hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Like Cap'n Ron says the Big Tex dealer in Beaumont is great and the folks there are pretty good. My brother and I live in the area so we go there often for towing supplies and free firewood (from the shipping dunnage). If you're shopping around you should come up this way because there are a whole bunch of trailer dealers within a short distance along the I-10 freeway, from Banning to Yucaipa. You can look and price many manufacturers close together.

Dusty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts