Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
295 Posts
I've got to say that sounds like a major pain in the butt. I can run my forced air furnace all night in 20deg weather and still show full green on my batteries. (33' 5th wheel) That was before I upgraded to 2 6volt batteries that last much longer than the 12volt deep cycles that I had before. With a 50 watt or better solar panel you should be able to re-charge them during the day.

· Registered
295 Posts
I like the idea of the auto start. Before I switched to the 6volts I had my batteries go dead a couple of times. When the low bat alarm goes off it"s too late to be able to start the generator. My buddy has an 80 watt panel on his trailer and he doesn't have to run his generator unless he's using the microwave.

· Registered
295 Posts
I wired in a toggle switch at my breaker box that switches all of my outlets from shore/generator to inverter. So if I want 110 at a plug for something, or I want to watch tv I just flip the plugs to the inverter but if i've got the generator running or i'm hooked up to shore power, I put it back in the normal position.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.