Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
Blue 84 said:
I think this should be at the top as FAQ Like some of the other forums. :D
It will be;)

For some reason some of my mod options aren't working and I can't get it to stick:confused:

Great job, thanks a lot:D

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
A lot of the links do not work for me. What is the .mht format?? My system here at work does not seem to recognize it.

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
Bill, can you link directly to the threads on P4x4 instead of saving them on your site? The threads don't ever get deleted (only chit chat is purged), and I will be happier that way. ;)

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Done, but I couldn't turn up the "trailer decking" or "ultimate trailer" threads in the search, so those 2 are still "captured" files unless someone can find them for me

Bill

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Disregard my last.

it's all done now

Sorry about all the btt's - that's the way i used to find them in the dbase

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
The Tekonsha FAQ was a dead link.

Kinda freaky to see one of my threads in there... I'll try to have the "Got Brakes?" thread done by Monday night.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Would you get brakes on the rear axle also?

I have a 16 foot utility trailer that I use to tow my trail rig with that is a 3800lbs toyota. The trailer weighs in at 1620 for a total load of 5420. My tow rig is a 3/4 05 Cummins Dodge that weighs in at 6900 lbs empty. The trailer only came with brakes on the front axle. I am well within it's GVWR which is 7000lbs. Do I need brakes on the rear axle also? How many are built with front axle brakes only, and why?

·
Registered
847 Posts
slickrok said:
I have a 16 foot utility trailer that I use to tow my trail rig with that is a 3800lbs toyota. The trailer weighs in at 1620 for a total load of 5420. My tow rig is a 3/4 05 Cummins Dodge that weighs in at 6900 lbs empty. The trailer only came with brakes on the front axle. I am well within it's GVWR which is 7000lbs. Do I need brakes on the rear axle also? How many are built with front axle brakes only, and why?

The front axle gets brakes for the same reson that the front brakes on the truck work more, wieght transfer. The rear axle will not get brakes so if you lock up the trailer brakes on a turn the rear tires will keep the trailer tracking stright otherwise it would slide around and could cause a jack knife.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Anybody know the dry weight of a Carson 12000 GVW 32' flatbed gooseneck?

Need to know the dry weight (UVW) of a Carson 32' 12,000 lb GVW flatbed gooseneck trailer for potential buyers of my trailer. Looked around the net w/ no luck and have fired off an e-mail to the manufacturer but who knows if they will ever answer back so why not go to the best... Pirate 4X4 forum readers.
Thanks !!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts