Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased T-gears short style hoops for use up front... my axle is moved forward a ways, maybe 2.5". They say on the website that NO fender cutting or modification is required wich is good because I have stuff mounted in the engine bay that I don't want to move... Well just mocking them up yields kind of bad results, they ain't gonna fit w/ out some hard pounding or cutting.
I'm wondering now if maybe I was sent the wrong size... anyone have some measurements? Mine measure from top to bottom roughly 14-14.5". If I can't use them I'm gonna send them back and get some ford mounts I guess...:confused:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Lemme get back at you tomorrow. I am in exactly the same situation. Mine don't look like they're gonna work great but will work. I'll measure them tomorrow morning and let you know what my measurements are.

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RRMike said:
Lemme get back at you tomorrow. I am in exactly the same situation. Mine don't look like they're gonna work great but will work. I'll measure them tomorrow morning and let you know what my measurements are.
Cool! Thanks man....:) Maybe Chris will chime in tomally too~

·
Registered
499 Posts
The 12"er's should measure 12" from the bottom to the center of the bolt hole at the top. I had a hard time getting mine to fit aswell. Ended up griding an angle on them to make them lean out towards the tire a little more and doing some mild inner fender trimming. If I had to do it over again, I'd probably make my own, but time was important.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
maybe they sent you the taller hoops??

Ford mounts will require the fender to be cut alittle..

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
You have the smaller ones. They push the shocks all the way to the top of the fender. On some models it does require some pounding of the fender. As noted above you can also angle the hoop out from the frame.

If they are not going to work we would be happy to give you a refund.

The two sizes are 14.5" and 17"

As you move the axle forward there is less and less room for the hoops. Something that can help is to angle the hoops and shocks back at the top.

·
Registered
550 Posts
flecker said:
Cool! Thanks man....:) Maybe Chris will chime in tomally too~
I measured from a straight edge laid along the top of the round mounting points up to the bolt for the shock and got 11". That's with my 12" ones.

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chris Geiger said:
You have the smaller ones. They push the shocks all the way to the top of the fender. On some models it does require some pounding of the fender. As noted above you can also angle the hoop out from the frame.

If they are not going to work we would be happy to give you a refund.

The two sizes are 14.5" and 17"

As you move the axle forward there is less and less room for the hoops. Something that can help is to angle the hoops and shocks back at the top.
Thanks for the info Chris, I prolly should have thought about the axle being forward interfering w/ them. I have a few things right in the road of where I would have to cut/ pound the fenders like gas lines and a reservoir. I will make them work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts