Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not bashing here, just a little disappointed.

My friend just received his Trail Ready beadlock wheels today. It took about 3-4 weeks. That's not really a big deal. I like the design, I like the valve stem, but the quality sucked. IMO.

I know they are functional and will get scratched and thrashed, but when you pay a little more for something, I think the quality should be there.

The last beadlocks we bought were MRT's. I have to say that the Trail Ready units weren't as good of quality. I expected more since we paid a little more. I know the engineering is worth a little more, but ... read on.

First off, there were tons of berries on the back side of the wheel. When I say tons, I mean probably hundreds on a couple of them. None of the holes were deburred. We will need to debur the holes before we put in the valve stems and some of the lug holes need deburring as well. Obviously this will remove the O.K. powder coating job in these areas. The welding on the front where the clamp ring is was O.K. at best. It wasn't a real even bead. Then, where the back of the bead sits, there were pretty bad grind marks. Not just swirls, but the bead mounting surface was not flat. There were at least 5-6 grind gouges per wheel. To top it off, the lock ring was not CNC'd or really deburred. The champfers had lots of chatter and you could tell the ring was mill indexed and not CNC'd. I guess I just expected more since they have such a good name. That's why we went with them to begin with.

When all was said and done, you clamp them down and pop them on. You don't see the back side berries or the poor welding/grinding near the clamp ring. They don't leak and look decent when you step back three feet. I guess I expected too much.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Trail Ready if that's the same as Allied my 17X8 Allied Bead Locks were flawless, came in two weeks as promised.

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
Did you call them...?

In a tight economy such as ours, companies can not afford to not listen to the unsatisfied customers...Hard to believe that Trail Ready would send something to your description, out their door.

Should have called them right away...

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Cal em & let em know. Let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Funny Thing, Mine were perfect?? And KICK ASS!!

Got any pictures???? Did You Call Them??

You can't even compare them to MRT or Allied!!

Totally different style wheel. My first set took 4 weeks, but thats cause I wanted a custom Back Space Wheel. The next set I bought was a standard BS and those were to my door in a 4 days!! :) You'll find out soon enough why TR's are more expensive. 6months and it was new Allied clamp time!!!!! My first set of Allied's leaked air right from the get go. And forget trying to balnce them.

Allieds are cheaper, but there's a reason why!!

Bottom line for me is 10wheels and happy as a friggin clam!!

L8R

Eugene

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mine were awsome. Top notch quality. I don't know what happened but it doesn't sound right to me. I live down the road from these guys. Give them a call.

·
Registered
318 Posts
tonto said:
Trail Ready if that's the same as Allied my 17X8 Allied Bead Locks were flawless, came in two weeks as promised.
Whoops my mistake, I confused High impact/Allied with Trail Ready. DUH.

·
Registered
60,133 Posts
Harvester of Sorrow said:
Did you call them...?

In a tight economy such as ours, companies can not afford to not listen to the unsatisfied customers...Hard to believe that Trail Ready would send something to your description, out their door.

Should have called them right away...
Not really.. I knew a guy that worked there. From what I heard, quality took a back seat to getting product out the door.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Medicineman said:

Allieds are cheaper, but there's a reason why!!
After seeing the Allieds up close I fully agree with your statement.

Orbitcat, hopefully TR will take care of you. That lack of quality is not what you pay for.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've heard a lot of horror stories about TR. Especially their long wait times. When you pay 1000+ for one of their ZJ or WJ bumpers you'd expect it to fit without modification right? Wrong! Yoy have to Cut and re-weld mounting brackets just to make em line up right, unless you're lucky.

I haven't heard good things about their customer service either. Bottom line, they wont be seeing any of my money.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry, it took so long to get back to you guys. I took some digi cam pics to show you what I'm talking about. Unfortunately, my computer no longer wants to recognize my digital camera as G drive or anything for that matter. The USB connection only comes up with a red X on the JVC camera connection. When I plug the camera in and turn it on, I get a blue screen with an error message. I will try to resolve this to get the pictures off the camera as soon as posibble.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Daniel,

Sorry to say this but your profile is not going to recieve the same treatment from TR as the normal guy. With your public image and continual coverage in the Rags your a investment to anyone who supplies you with stuff.

I have tried to do business with TR before and they just suck. I canceled my order after waiting a inordinate amount of time for some stuff.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sounds like you got a sub par product but remember Trail ready buys the wheels and installs bead locks on them. The deburing of the valve stem and lug holes are a wheel mfgr flaw. Maybe T/R should have found a corrected this I duno?

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
When I got my TRs they were two different style of wheels...three were the same and one was different...just the insides(not the D-windows) were different...I was not impressed with them and will be using Allieds in the future...I have looked at a ton of different wheels and I like the Allieds the best taking into condsideration of price, delivery time, quality...AND customer service(very important IMO)

mine were the same as you described too...very sketchy, they look great in pics but up close the quality I expected wasn;t there:(

·
Registered
240 Posts
Wow
I had the same expectations,but received the same poor quality and that was after waiting 8 weeks.I even had to drill two of the holes in the steel rings.If I had to do it over again I would go with another wheel.

·
Mr. Personality
10,288 Posts
i think they used to put out a high quality product... and now they dont because of the sheer volume theyre trying to produce.. anyways, i could prove it if i had a digital camera... i bought my rear 2 rims about 9 months before the front rims... same exact specs on all four... the rear 2 were awesome, damn near flawless.. i was very unimpressed with the front 2.. weld buggers like someone mentioned, the bolt holes on the rim were half assed plasma torched in the general area that the bolt needs to occupy... not to mention i couldnt get the nut on several bolts because of nasty weld beads on the inside of the outer bead... needless to say, they wont get anymore money from me, i shouldve gone to hummer rims in the first place.. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts