Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has a '90 p/u with the 22-re and the 5sp (w-56 I think). The tranny doesn't want to stay in 1st without holding it there and it won't let him shift far enough into third to even hold it in gear. It just grinds if you try. I checked the shifter bushing but it's fine and I drained the fluid but there was nothing big in there. He says this problem developed over about 6 months or so and he has owned the truck for quite a few years now and never wheeled it. I'm stumped and figure he's just going to have to have it gone through by a tranny shop but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has had the same problem and if there is an easy fix. Thanks boys and sorry for the long-windedness:beer:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The weather sucks...all the trails are iced up with no snow. There are quite a few good trails down here that don't have much mud on them. As for the swampers...they are rediculous here too...best bet is to order some from the magazines with some friends to save on shipping.
JAY

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Gary, he's been driving it for ever like this so I think he killed it. It's not the clutch...I thought of that too...and it started hapening to him during the summer so I don't think it's a fluid viscosity problem either. Thanks again,

JAY

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.