Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience taking apart a stock transmission.
It is from a 1990 fuel injected 1.3

I found small chunks of metal in the fluid, and wanted to inspect before
I bring it to a tranny shop. (Every thing is fine Sir, that will be $500.00 please)

I do have a manual, but I want to know if anything will come fling out, like springs
and little steel balls.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
For a lot less than 500 scoots.........

Assuming that you´ve got a basic set of tools and a place to work, get yourself a factory service manual, a soft blow hammer and a medium-sized bearing puller. The manual will tell you where all of the balls and springs are at.

The Zuk tranny is simple, no sweat at all for a DIY rebuild......

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You assumed corrected.
However I only have a Haynes manual.

If someone could scan that section from factory service manual , and email it to me I would truly appreciate it.

Thank you:)

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
I have a lager blow up diagram (jpg) bookmarked on my home computer, ill post it tonight.... Thought i found it here try a search...

It's a very simple rebuild, i did my first one on my apartment floor on a blue tarp with simple hand tools and some gear pullers from sears (or rent from AutoZone) Most parts are held on with clips and crap... I used my hi-lift handle and some exaust pipe tubes, to pound the bearing(s) back on.....

BTW: i did my first one with the tiny haynes picture and took a few pic with a throw away camera in case i needed them to put it back.... Friends laugh but draw your own pictures what ever way works for you to tell how things came off, i usually use zip lock bags with #s and ref. my drawings that way....

-yag

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The FSM is online, you just have to know where to look.:D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You have to use a program like WS FTP Pro to get it. It's on Kazaa.:D

·
Registered
600 Posts
500.00 WOW does that come with a kiss or a reach around??? why bother rebuilding it? Arent there any zuki freaks around local that would sell you a good used one for 150.00?? EBAY etc... I/WE in boise have a guy here that rolls one and parts it out every 6 months or so so there are plenty to go around not to mention the other 4 that he has jambed in to storage no good used engines though. mine pops and i will go with the 8v 1.6 seem to be more of them floating around...thats my 2 cents hope you get her figured out ....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts