Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
A fucking killer
7,803 Posts
also the fully manual valve bodies from TCI and B&M are not as "off-road friendly" as the Art Carr version. Or so I hear.

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
zakk said:
also the fully manual valve bodies from TCI and B&M are not as "off-road friendly" as the Art Carr version. Or so I hear.
I'm curious, what do you mean by "not as offroad friendly"?

I've thought about upgrading my TH400 to a full manual valve body :p

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
Lil'John said:

I'm curious, what do you mean by "not as offroad friendly"?

I've thought about upgrading my TH400 to a full manual valve body :p
No compression braking in the TCI and B&M. The RVB is common in Drag cars. The last thing you want is compression braking 100 feet from the finish line when your engine :nuke:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
so this can be installed while in the vehicle? and how hard is it on the hammer scale....and does this eliminate the need for the kickdown cable?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Come-on...you know the hammer scale...home improvement...this is for a 700R4 from oem valve body to manual...my friend tells me that its just a simple swap of a few gaskets and a valve block...any comments?/?

·
Registered
979 Posts
I put one in a TF727 and internal clutch pack springs had to be changed. also a bolt-in rear sprag to handle the harder hits. Definitely had to have the trans torn down for install.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looks like a valve body only and I guess I will wait and see what I get...it did have a spring but not one that looked like it woud go in a clutch pack...might have to call my tranny guy and ask....

thanks...anyone else...

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
shoot...4 hr job...simple valve body swap and a pressure regulator tweak that didn't need to be done as my tranny guy did it already...no servo work or nothing, just 2 gaskets, a valve body and remove everything else....very simple and easy to follow instructions from TCI....

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Old Scout said:

No compression braking in the TCI and B&M.
call tci directly for reverse pattern manuel valve bodys that have compresion braking. there the sh!t !
id buy stuff from tci before i would take some thing for free from b&m

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
T1H5_TA3 said:
call tci directly for reverse pattern manuel valve bodys that have compresion braking. there the sh!t !
id buy stuff from tci before i would take some thing for free from b&m
Really, how would you know? the only manual valve bodies they have with compression braking at this time (and are 1 month away from shipping) are a standard shift pattern.

I just called them yesterday

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mine has compression breaking rich...maybe its a function of no lockup but still has it...what gear is what you get...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts