Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tranny swap

I searched and searched found alot of info from Franklin's post as well as a few others. I plan on swapping out my e4od for the ZFS542. Has anyone done this?? What pros cons difficulties did you run into. I just want to know if there is anything I need to know before I open a can of worms. LMK Thanks in advance Will

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
53CJaFlattie--I am picking mine up from getting refreshed (synchros, seals, gaskets, bearings) Friday. And will be dropping e40d and installing ZF this weekend (or next) if all works out. I will have mucho info in the next 2 weeks and I will post the writeup w/ pics and part #'s. I cant freakin wait. It really sucks driving a Honda everyday.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Franklin

U da man. When you get it done I want to see the pics and any info that you have one the subject. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
I just did a c6 to zf conversion in my 85, which was something of an undertaking, but it's not too hard. Just become real good friends with the local junkyard, cause you will be spending alot of time there. :) :)
~John

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Doing the write up for parts right now. Will post the part list today. Bolting up tonite and if the digi doesnt die pics will be up in a couple of days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts