Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the Story- right now i have a jeep that is decently built for trails but not for the road (soa 36" bias iroks), i also have a 2wd s-10 for dd work. because of changing priorities i want to sell the jeep and sfa the s-10 with a d30 ford 8.8 combo and 35" mtr's. hopefully coming up with a built rig nearly as capable as the jeep but much better road manners.

the Question- i need to put a t-case in the s-10 (4.3L with 4l60e tranny 2wd) so far i've only really looked into the np231, but thats a $500 adapter and a $300 slip yoke eliminator cost. i'm hoping for some other t-case options and how they bolt to the tranny, or possibly a tranny and t-case swap (5-speed maybe). really curious as to what my options are and have had a hard time fining good info on the subject. thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
Run a transmission from a 4X4 then install an adapter from and early 90's chevy k-1500 (Its like $70) then pick-up a used 241. Only thing you'll have to switch it over to floor shift instead of push button.

No need to worry about a c.v. adapter then

Maybe run a divorced transfer case (If you want to keep the tranny) but I dont know if anyone made a driver side drop divorced case.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so the divorced 205 any other benefits other than keeping the tranny i know its got a weak 1.9 or so to 1 low range.

also what do i look for to nab the 241 out of, and why is there not need for a cv adapter? is the main shaft strong enough and i shouldn't worry about any sort of replacement.

fyi on the buget, im trying to stay under a G which i think the 241 and new tranny shoudl stay under, but i'm not sure about the 205

1 - 4 of 4 Posts