Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its a 4l60e behind a 93 4.3 vortec. i dont have the vss hooked up (mechanical speedo). the tranny wont shift at all, just stays in first gear. now ive read (doing a search of course) that it SHOULD work fine without it. am i missing something? ive triple checked the schematics and im fairly confident that ive wired this thing up correctly. am i missing something basic?

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
I'm not sure about the 4L60, but the T700 uses a governor (I think that's what they call it) to control shifts. It's on the lower left side of the tranny... Pull it out and clean it up. Make sure everything is moving freely. Just a shot in the dark, but I hope it helps you!

·
Ford Forum Moderator
1,999 Posts
the 4L60E is Electronically shifted, if you have no speed sensor, the computer won't know you're moving, & won't shift. You need to have the VSS in to make it happy. Also make sure you have one that will send the right signal, if you have one with more or less teeth on the ring it'll shift too soon/ really late because it won't accuratly know how fast you're going.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmmm maybe ill just get a 700r4 and be done with it. i just drained some fluid and didnt like what i saw. the wonderful shimmer of metal:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts