Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 99' ZR2 blazer. It has the stock 4L60E transmission, and the NP236 autotrac transfer case that GM started using either in 99' or 98'. I want to swap cases and was thinking about either putting in an older NP231C or a 241C. What do you guys think would be the best swap, and what would bolt right up to my transmission. I'm all idea'd out after doing my SFA swap over my Christmas break, I need help:(

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
Is there something wrong with your transfer case or are you just swapping for the sake of swapping? If it was me I'd leave the stock transfer case in there until it failed.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to swap it out because I have the NP236 Autotrac transfer case, this case is basically a full time case. It is push button and has settings for 2hi, neutral, 4hi, and 4lo. However with the transfer case in the 4 high position, all it does it activate the vacumn actuator on the front differential. I don't have IFS anymore so there is no vacumn actuated from dif, basically the front driveshaft will still be spinning even when the transfer case is in 2hi. with the SFA swap and the springs I am using, I am running about 10-11 of lift and I am worried about getting vibrations from the front shaft since it will be spinning all the time, even when the hubs are unlocked

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
I think you can swap in an NP241C from a 98-older f/s. How many bolts hold your t-case on? I know the newer 4L60E's have a 6-bolt output like a TH400 or 4L80E. I'm just trying to figure what factory adapter will work....

The NP231/233 have a goofy splined front output that makes it a b!tch to build a decent driveshaft for. They are also a 5-bolt pattern, so I don't think there's an adapter for your tranny.

The NP241 has either a yoke or flange, and one can be swapped for the other easily enough. You'd also have more options for an SYE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts