Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hitting a rock pile today and got stuck on my slider, I was in 4Hi and when I got stuck I attempted to change to 4Lo but it wouldn't switch and was stuck in the middle between hi-lo so I put a lot of force on the shift-handle and it would not shift to 4hi so I finally got it into 4lo-difflock and got un-stuck but when I tried to shift it back into 4hi-nondifflock it wouldnt stay enaged and popped out multiple times while drive and made crunching sounds.

Question: Is my shift linkage broken b/c i bent it and it won't go into gear or is my transfer case completely fucked?

·
Registered
2 Posts
under the transfere selector which is held on with 6 bolts on top of the box there is a selector shaft witch has a grub screw locating it its very common for the srew to undo its self

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Question: Is my shift linkage broken b/c i bent it and it won't go into gear or is my transfer case completely fucked?
Maybe crawl under the truck and take a look? You may have broken a trans or motor mount, bent a shift lever, broken part of the shifter (that folded/rolled piece of sheetmetal is not a suitable piece of transfer case linkage!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts