Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did stock zuki's or sj's ever come with a 4:1 low range in some year? I hear they did, i thought it was an 84 but i guess not. I've searched around only to find the 2.62 tcases.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
wrong newbies....... :flipoff2:
81 and back lj-80's, centeroutput 3:1 low..... very weak case.... only ment for the 2 cyl truck...
82-83- 2.62 low with a 1.54 high reange.... direct bolt in for sammy except for the d-shaft bolt pattern.
84- this is the ticket, same as the 82-83 ration wise, but the bearing and shaft size is the same as the 86 and up.... which means if you take this case, and take the gear out of this, cut it in half, and weld it to the opposit half of a 86 case and combine with the right gears from the both cases you end up with a 4.16:1....
86-95- 2.27 LOW WITH A 1.4 HIGH... only differance between these years were the d-shaft pattern changed a bit....

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
dave the tech guy said:
i beleive it was the sj410 that had the 4:1 t-cases

Ok, before this gets turns into complete fiction.......

No Suzuki Samurais were ever released here in the US or Canada with a 4:1 case. The 82-85 SJ 410's here in North America came with what is affectionately known as a Baby Lobster case. It had a 12% lower high rande and a 12% lower low range over whet we have in a Samurai case. The first 4:1 cases were made by taking parts from BOTH of these cases and making a 4:1.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
yes, read my last post, 82-83 is an sj case....... the 86+ is the sj413(sammy)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks NC ZUK, I just bought my first and it is an 84 and I was wondering a little about the case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts