Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends Dad towed there sammy in 2nd in the transmission and neutral in the transfercase.Now the transfercase lever is stuck:confused: what happened:confused:

thanks for the help.......

·
Registered
238 Posts
1)go to off-road.com zuki bbs
2) SEARCH!!!! for "shifter sheet"
3) you'll find a THOUSAND posts, many with pictures.
later

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
It's likely the shifter sheet.
A replacement sheet cost about $10.
And you don't have to pull the t-case to replace.

I'm not at home, so I don't have directions with me.

I think you push down on the t-case shifter and rotate counter clockwise. This will pop the shift lever out, and you can see the rubber o-ring (sheet) in a round cup.

If it is broken, smashed, or severely cracked it could cause the shiter to get stuck - usually in neutral or 2WD.

Check the links in the FAQ section of this page and you should find useful info.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
DO A FAWKING SEARCH you dam wheeler!!! :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Rather than be upset with the zuke 101 questions, when i see them I will be simply copying the factual technical content and add it to the FAQ....

RANT....
I am continually amazed at the total lack of self motivation by people who obviously can't help them selfs..... How do you people get by in real life ?

I searched google with the following words...
"suzuki samurai case shift"

Guess what i found....... More than enough info to help with problem determination....

I also searched PBB zuke forum with "t case AND stuck"
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/sear...d=454136&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

while there was more crap to look through I was able to sift thought 4 threads and find similer advice as was posted in this thread....

I have added the content provided by silverzuke to the FAQ and added some other comments, anyone willing to take the time to critique or add other comments please do, ill see they get added....

snip.....(other snide comments/remarks removed)

-yag

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
The starter on my Zuk goes click, click, click and then after a couple of tries, it starts.......

Whatever, whatever could be wrong??? Can someone please help me resolve this oh so desperate situation??

:rolleyes: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Damn you guys are funny today:flipoff2: :D :flipoff2:

·
Registered
144 Posts
your shifter sheet is shot , more than likley your shifter is stuck between the two shift rail in the case, you can fix it now by removing your shifter, and taking a long screwdriving and prying the shiftrails untill the notches on them line up with each other and then reinstall the shifter and your good to go!, ive driven mine without a sheet at all eversince ive owned it, and ive had to do that only once, you do need a sheet though!! even i got one now!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
zukzilla4x4 said:
yeah try cleaning it first if that dont work it time for a starter
Thank you so, so, so, much for the valuable information. I don´t know WHAT I would have done without your assistance.................

SFN:rolleyes:
Some people just don´t get it...........

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts