Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What day are we looking at to cross the border? Am I riding in the Pirate van and where do you want Rose to drop me off?

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
I'll have an open seat on the way down and can leave anytime

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
crossing at Tecate is the safest if crossing alone, as long as you or your passengers dont get car sick....

Tecate crossing is not open 24 hours though

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
We should be hitting the crossing in TJ around late morning on Saturday.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
From what I know, I will be heading down for my first time (thanks to Mike S) by myself. I will be meeting Mike in Fresno and have a free seat in my F250. Would rather not cross the border by myself.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I like the Tecate crossing better than TJ but parking is a biatch. Easiest and fastest is the new crossing at Mexicali but then the drive is longer.

·
33,755 Posts
apeters89,

Are you still coming thru SLC? We're leaving here Friday afternoon.
The current plan is for Rich to meet me (and most likely Todd from Custom Splice) in Vegas on Friday night or Saturdasy morning. We'll trade cars there and I'll drive on to MX.

edit: Todd's out, so I'm on my own.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Just letting everyone know. We have parking @ the Auto shop if anyone needs to leave a car in a safe place. Just buy get an Oil Change for $12.50 (LOL)

It's @
Mission Gorge Auto
5803 Mission Gorge

in San Diego right near the 15 & 8 intersection.

·
33,755 Posts
apeters89,
The current plan is for Rich to meet me (and most likely Todd from Custom Splice) in Vegas on Friday night or Saturdasy morning. We'll trade cars there and I'll drive on to MX.

edit: Todd's out, so I'm on my own.
OK, since Todd backed out I just booked a flight to Salt Lake on Thursday night. I'd like to caravan down with y'all if that's ok with you :D

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
apeters89,

Shelley and I are leaving Blackfoot, Friday night right after she gets off work, maybe sooner if I sweet talk her more....:D then a drive straight thru to ensenada....

·
Registered
292 Posts
That's fine. We plan on leaving SLC about noon on Friday. We'll likely stop somewhere along the way for the night and get into Ensenada Saturday afternoon.

My cell is 801-201-8574

Look forward to meeting you.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Shelley and I are leaving Blackfoot, Friday night right after she gets off work, maybe sooner if I sweet talk her more....:D then a drive straight thru to ensenada....
Big,

Let me know if you do get out of BFE earlier. We'll hang in SLC until you get here if you want.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Big,

Let me know if you do get out of BFE earlier. We'll hang in SLC until you get here if you want.
Probably won't know until a day before when we can leave. We plan on driving thru the night and going in at Tecate, then driving down thru the wine country.

But we can change that and caravan in if we do meet up

·
Registered
292 Posts
I prefer the Tecate crossing also but I want to think about it if we have a caravan because parking is a pain in Tecate.

Give me a call on Thursday night.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts