1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before

After 6'' chevy lift springs

It still has the 31'' tires on it now.

I drives pretty good. But did get death wobble when hit a bump at about 35. But I think that's due to the fact that the push pull drag link still needs a block for the dana 60 steering arm. But its not to bad. Plan to eventually do a cross over.

I also plan to add 35's, I already have new rims.

Also the frame and top of bed sets perfectly level, but looking at it, I think I need just 2'' block in the rear. Its just the 6'' spring out back. I guess cause the front bumper is so high it looks like its low in the back.

Think I could have done 4'' front springs and the 6''s rears and it would be perfect and not need any blocks in the rear. The springs are pretty stiff as well.

Big thanks to Jetfxer and IHonly north!

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks awesome :smokin:. There rear does look a tad low, but I like it.
That's whats weird the bottom of the frame is perfectly level!

If you notice in the before picture the back is 2'' higher it appears level in that picture.

Guess I will try 2'' blocks and see.

Gotta get the 35's on it! Hopefully Monday or Tues.!

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im gonna be selling a springless highsteer arm and block from WFO. Never had a tierod into, and decided to go with artec stuff instead.
I won't need them right away as I am leaving in 2 weeks and will be gone till April.

Whats the advantage to the springless arm?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spring less is an adjustable pre-load I believe. Maybe the wheel opening gives an illusion of being higher in the front?
I think that's what it is as the front opening is higher giving the illusion of it being higher. The back opening really limits tire size to 35's.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was gonna say that. 35's kinda look like the limit. Still a good lookin rig...
Jetfxer had 38's on his Stepside ette's but the rear opening on those beds are alot bigger.

His trucks are the reason I bought this one! :smokin:

·
Registered
57 Posts
That's whats weird the bottom of the frame is perfectly level!

If you notice in the before picture the back is 2'' higher it appears level in that picture.

Guess I will try 2'' blocks and see.

Gotta get the 35's on it! Hopefully Monday or Tues.!
i would leave it. my d-max sits an inch lower in the back and i love the way it looks. but im from ca so it has got a bit popular over here in the last years. got to also think if you go up two more inches its going to be even more of a bitch to load the bed. looks great. my .02

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
i would leave it. my d-max sits an inch lower in the back and i love the way it looks. but im from ca so it has got a bit popular over here in the last years. got to also think if you go up two more inches its going to be even more of a bitch to load the bed. looks great. my .02
The rear actually only went up 2'' with the 6'' springs as I took out the rear 4'' blocks. And it had a 2'' rake in it. It's really not that high now.

It measures 34'' from the ground to the tailgate. So another 2'' is just 36'' I am 6'5'' and can sit easily on the trailgate.

I'll figure something out. Don't really have to do anything right away.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Travelette lift finished :laughing::laughing::laughing: Scott take my word for it this shit is never finished, great thought though.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Jetfxer had 38's on his Stepside ette's but the rear opening on those beds are alot bigger.

His trucks are the reason I bought this one! :smokin:
Wow you gonna make my head blow up. Sweet truck, should look great with the tires and wheels, word don't go all modern with the wheels. I think they look better old school.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Its kind of a matter of perspective. If you focus on the front and look down the side of the truck it looks nose high. If you look at the middle of the truck at the color break/molding it looks level...as it is. Personally if the tires clear OK I would leave it just like it is. The slot mags would look great with some 35-36 in tires. Your tire choice with those is usually limited to 16.5 tires though. My second choice would be the 92-96 F-350 Alcoa aluminum wheels. Not too flashy, strong and easy to keep clean.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haha nope it ain't never finished!!! Just told the wife that so she would get off my ass.

OK OK on the wheels. Most the shops around here have the modern wheels and wasn't liking what I was seeing. So I bought a set of AR wheels like the ones on Roberts rig. I really liked the smaller holes. I was looking at similar MT wheels with the larger holes but wasn't really set on the look. Went with something a have seen and liked.

These were pretty good price.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Haha nope it ain't never finished!!! Just told the wife that so she would get off my ass.

OK OK on the wheels. Most the shops around here have the modern wheels and wasn't liking what I was seeing. So I bought a set of AR wheels like the ones on Roberts rig. I really liked the smaller holes. I was looking at similar MT wheels with the larger holes but wasn't really set on the look. Went with something a have seen and liked.

These were pretty good price.
always a good choice. my buddy has those on his 69 power wagon and had them powder coated white for a little more of a vintage look and it turned out bad ass.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Those will look cool!

71 800B, yes, those are just what I was talking about!

Bought a set on my 67 Chevy 4wd in about 1975, then changed them over to my 1974 Chevy in 1976. Armstrong Miricle Extra Traction 12-16.5's.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts