·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hydraulic Steering

I'm trying to determine which ram will work best in my application

I have this orbital

Im looking at this ram

is 1.5" rod diameter going to be too slow? I see that PSC sells 1.125" rod diameter single ended rams...should I go with something smaller?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Weekend update: Well I didn't get to work on it too much, I've been studying for finals and shit which are this week :mad3: I put in a few hours here and there, and got the front lower links mocked up (waiting for some brackets from ruffstuff)

built an upper link bracket using a ballistic fab adjustable bracket...

narrowed the hood, super poser shots

Sold my 39.5 iroks and beadlocks as well as my front tube bumper so I'll probably order hydro parts and 35 spline stubs and drive flanges this week.
...any advice on the ram question above?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
what kind of coils are running in the rear? rear tj's? thats a good looking rear cage bro

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
thanks, the cage was inspired by TB-F's cages...he does awesome work :smokin:

the coils are stock TJ front's

·
Registered
512 Posts
you do realize the truck is going to be taller than that right? looks good

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
you do realize the truck is going to be taller than that right? looks good
yeah, obviously...im not retarded :flipoff2: its at 17" on jack stands, im shooting for ~24" for the frame height.

Your truck's comming along nicely. I envy your rockers:evil:
Keep up the good work.
i just wish my wheels would show up already so i could get them mounted! Thanks for the kind words :smokin:

...updates to follow a little later tonight

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
... maybe now you will be able to play with me in the snow... :flipoff2::flipoff2:

Thanks for the steering box, got it on last weekend and it seems to work good!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
... maybe now you will be able to play with me in the snow... :flipoff2::flipoff2:

Thanks for the steering box, got it on last weekend and it seems to work good!
yeah, maybe...thats if I ever finish this thing :shaking: It's ridiculous how a few projects here and there turn into a dozen...errr...2 dozen :D ...Glad the steering box worked out for you Jeremy :smokin: If you want, your more than welcome to drop by and shoot the shit sometime...I get so lonely in my shop :laughing::flipoff2:

Update: Lower links were moved again due to some possible clearance issues with the drive shaft

Got the upper link in on the frame end..still debating how I'm going to do the axle end...welding to cast iron brings the lame....(there is plenty of room between the upper and lower link btw)

thats about it until finals are over on Friday....fawk time to study

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
taking a break from studying...my brain hurts, business statistics can blow me :mad3:

...little update, bought some parts today since i sold my tires/wheels and a bumper.

bit the bullet on a set of Ten Factory 35 spline chromo inners/stubs and spicer non greasable joints from East Coast Gear Supply. Im really stoked for these, and they've got a killer deal going on in the vendors section. Awesome warranty as well. Also...

-Rock and Roll Offroad drive flanges
-Rock Stomper steering res.
-TG steering column

...Tried to get a hold of PSC today to discuss my setup and order a pump, but no one answered or returned my call. Bummer.

As far as parts go, all i need now is...
-PSC pump
-Ram
-lines/fittings
-possibly a derale cooler...I think my flex a lite cooler (like the TG one) won't cool as well as I need with a welded front....thoughts?
-rear disks and calipers and other little things.

Wheels come on Friday :smokin:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So I guess I can't keep well enough alone...my ballistic air shocks are for sale...

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872762

I kept thinking I could make them work up front, but its just easier to start on a platform I know will work with that kind of weight...ughh I need to sell off more of my toyota stuff If I keep changing my mind like this...maybe my RC crawler will go next :rolleyes:

if anyone is trying to off a set of 14" or 16" coil overs on the cheap, let me know :smokin: If my shocks sell quickly and I can't find a good deal used I'll probabaly spring for a set of FOA 16" remote res coilovers...atleast the bodies for now and snag some coils from the classifieds....anyway back to business stats :shaking:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
So I guess I can't keep well enough alone...my ballistic air shocks are for sale...

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872762

I kept thinking I could make them work up front, but its just easier to start on a platform I know will work with that kind of weight...ughh I need to sell off more of my toyota stuff If I keep changing my mind like this...maybe my RC crawler will go next :rolleyes:

if anyone is trying to off a set of 14" or 16" coil overs on the cheap, let me know :smokin: If my shocks sell quickly and I can't find a good deal used I'll probabaly spring for a set of FOA 16" remote res coilovers...atleast the bodies for now and snag some coils from the classifieds....anyway back to business stats :shaking:

I remeber when you were debating keeping your Toy stuff, or doing the 1 ton swap... and you said "It will be a quick, simple, CHEAP BUDGET 1 ton swap..."... :flipoff2::flipoff2:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
:D Im actually still surviving buying all my parts with money from my toyota stuff believe it or not...buuuuuuuuuuuuut im down to the end of it :laughing:

...air shocks sold last night...waiting on a repsonse from FOA..then ITS AWN!

·
Registered
452 Posts
This this is gunna be sick. Those tires are bigger than you thought huh? When i got mine i was like were the fuck am i gunna put these? lol

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
thats exactly what i said! I couldn't stop smiling like an idiot when they showed up last week. BTW Your build is fawkin bad ass too man :smokin:

lovin the 3rd gen excab truggies haha :smokin:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Damn didnt even realize your in E-burg. Sick lookin truck looks like i might have to head over your way and do some wheeling.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Well, spring break is over...ended up going to my parents house in Western Washington and working for my pops all week so I wasn't able to get anything done until yesterday.

built a new tube frame section out of 1.75x.156 DOM ...oddball size i know..but i got a smoking deal on ~80' because it was remnants...also raised the engine a little and made new motor mounts...these will be gusseted.

Still need to make mounts for the radiator, right now it's sort of...floating :D

I'm going to try and get it a roller tomorrow...spring quarter starts tomorrow too..lame

Still waiting on beadlocks, they should be here tomorrow...would love to hear something from FOA...So far, after 3 emails all I have recieved is a receipt through paypal...no confirmation...no responses...bullshit. FOA, here's a hint...get someone on the phones! Who the hell runs a company solely through email?:shaking:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
It's all good...Chris at FOA just got ahold of me.

Why are you selling all of your shit Brad?

21 - 40 of 303 Posts