Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a pic of trim on the rear of a Scout II. I am thinking kind of like a comp cut like all of the Jeep guys do but was wanting a pic of how it would look before I cut the back of my Scout off. I am stretched to about 110" wheelbase which is why I am needing to cut the rears. I moved the front foward an inch and a half and the rear is moved back about eight inches.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Heres a pic of mine...its still in progress

This was more to get rid of rust rather than tire clearance...but i guess it will kill two birds with one stone :p

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No the search works just fine but some reason all I get is pictures of you fawkers with trimmed fronts and no major trimming in the rear.:flipoff2: It looks like I am stretched a little more than most of the ones that I have seen that have trimmed the rear. I think I may do something like slydog did in one of the post linked above.

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
My rear is pushed back 13 inches. The rear quarters have been caved in and pushed back out many times so the lines don't look so good any more but you get the idea.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Here is your comp cut :flipoff2:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My mistake I am a Jeep guy to that should excuse my lack of the right terms (it atleast shows I am a little mentally unstable). Rusty I really like the way you did yours I think I may try to copy your trim or at least do something similar. I considered doing a comp cut like posted above but I couldn't convince my girlfriend that the kids would have just trying to hang on. Thanks for putting up with a newbie I think I have what I need now.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
jew ever think that just maybe some one on here has pics he's looking for but hasn't posted them yet?

huh, didn't think so.
OH my bad I thought that was why you brought older threads back to the top and added to it to keep all of the info in one semi related thread. DAMN I am a DAN..:flipoff2:

stole these from BB. Not scout II's but might give you some ideas

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
No the search works just fine but some reason all I get is pictures of you fawkers with trimmed fronts and no major trimming in the rear.:flipoff2: It looks like I am stretched a little more than most of the ones that I have seen that have trimmed the rear. I think I may do something like slydog did in one of the post linked above.
Actually, most of us stretch the front out as the front tires grab the firewall on Scouts if you put larger than 36's on it. So I wouldn't neccessarily say that you are stretched more than everyone else. Aside from that, I am stretched 15 inches up front and 5 in the rear. Here is how mine looks now:

This was my initial cut back in '96 after many years of bashing...

Here it is in 2000. Still stock wheelbase but fenders and quaters cut for larger tires (39.5 Boggers on D60/70 combo).

Sean

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Actually, most of us stretch the front out as the front tires grab the firewall on Scouts if you put larger than 36's on it. So I wouldn't neccessarily say that you are stretched more than everyone else. Aside from that, I am stretched 15 inches up front and 5 in the rear. Here is how mine looks now:

Sean
Damn .... that is one sweet ass rig

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Arn't you on the wrong side in this pic

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
couple pic's here. I will update that thread with video once I do the next trim, as that the only way to explain it.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=683395&highlight=fender

Jeeps are easy as they have straight lines. The ScoutII is more rounded. If you want to keep it looking like a ScoutII you need rounded cuts. If you want it to look like a jeep make some straight line cuts.

Warpony has done a great job of pinching the rear and extending the opening and keeping the stock lines, which I think looks good.:smokin:

You say comp cut, well as you can see all the comp guy lost their fenders/Q-panels most likely after bashing them against a tree or rock.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I moved my rear back 7" and moved the whole wheel well on the inside, widened it a little and then filled the old hole for the tire and cut a new one 7" back and to fit the retrosized wheel well. Its tight for the 42's but with all smooth edges they work nice and no tires are cut.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Damn .... that is one sweet ass rig
Thanks!

Arn't you on the wrong side in this pic

Believe it or not for two years I actually couldn't find another right-hand-drive body tub so I bolted up a left-hand-drive tub but promptly destroyed it as I wasn't used to driving from THAT side!

Sean

1 - 20 of 21 Posts