Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A group of us are heading to Attica, Indiana and the badlands offroad park the weekend of October 23rd. We are leaving Kansas City on Thursday and will wheel Friday and Saturday. We will camp all weekend. Probably at the Shades State park in Indiana. About 30 mintues from the Park. We are wanting to hit the more challenging rock crawling stuff there. I have contacted the St. Louis club so hopefully some of them will show. Let me know if you are interested in joining us. [email protected].

later
Tyler

·
Registered
135 Posts
twirken said:
A group of us are heading to Attica, Indiana and the badlands offroad park the weekend of October 23rd. We are leaving Kansas City on Thursday and will wheel Friday and Saturday. We will camp all weekend. Probably at the Shades State park in Indiana. About 30 mintues from the Park. We are wanting to hit the more challenging rock crawling stuff there. I have contacted the St. Louis club so hopefully some of them will show. Let me know if you are interested in joining us. [email protected].

later
Tyler
I may be home in indy, I would like to hitch a ride with you all. I wouldn't be doing the rock crawling shat, my disco could not take it...

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
I'm plannin' on being there, if nothing else to watch, maybe try some of the easier stuff. May be bringing a friend with a fairly stock Nissan as well.

Too bad Ike's gonna be gone.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
I might make it out also, if I don't break the disco this weekend in wisconsin, AND if the wife lets me out two weekends in a row. will know more next week.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ANy and all are welcome! If you do not want to run the harder stuff that is totally cool. I am not going to hit that stuff all weekend but I am for sure going to try it at some point. So we will be doing plenty of easy stuff also. Not sure what our group is looking like at this point but there are two of us for sure going at this point with a few that are not sure as of yet but we still have two weeks. So shoot me an e-mail at [email protected].com if you guys are planning on going and camping and I can let you know what is up. Looks like a great place to play and camp. Looking forward to meeting some of you here.

Thanks
Tyler

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
darkstar said:
I might make it out also, if I don't break the disco this weekend in wisconsin, AND if the wife lets me out two weekends in a row. will know more next week.
Well I may have to come out if you are going. Maybe bring a donar ECU as well.

JP

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Attica is always fun for a day trip (if you are in day trip range)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Dang! I thought it was this weekend. I really ought to attend my daughter's wedding on the 23rd, or I'd come out & play :(

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
pendy said:
Well I may have to come out if you are going. Maybe bring a donar ECU as well.

JP
Got one for an '88? I COULD have another bushing tool done by then. I also have a stupid $ EAS compressor if you still need one.

Camping? Seems cold to camp to me.

Peace,
PT

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
PTSchram said:
Got one for an '88? I COULD have another bushing tool done by then. I also have a stupid $ EAS compressor if you still need one.

Camping? Seems cold to camp to me.

Peace,
PT
I'll turn up the heat camper

·
Registered
103 Posts
twirken said:

later
Tyler
If you want some really challenging rock crawling check-out Mission Impossible Trail We will be there that weekend for our "M I" Adventure Trip. If you guys would like to hit a few of the more challenging spots on Fri. afternoon let me know a.s.a.p. and I will come over earlier on Fri. and take you over there for a few hours.

Offroad Adventure Outfitters, Inc. is the only guide for Troy's "Mission Impossible" Trail. And is only accessible with a guide.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Toby

Where will you guys be camping? At the park?

Tyler

Lets talk camping/cooking gear, I don't have time or want to pack up a ton of crap that we both bring and don't use.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Myself and all the particapants will be camping over at the property where "Mission Impossible" is located. We have a camp site that is near the creek(70-75ft.).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Chuck-(toby)-

Thanks for the invite. I would totally be up for doing some stuff on Friday. We will be there Thursday night and just playing on Friday. As far as the mission impossible trail- man does that thing look sweet. Are you only able to run it if you have the guide and or sign up and pay for the event? Or can we look at on Friday or join you guys for your event? How does that work. Also, you say most of the hard obstacles have bypasses- is that correct? I have all the requirements on my rig but the other guy going with me only has 33's but has protection, recovery points and lockers front and rear. Just curious. But man that looks like a sweet trail. How long does it take to complete? Also where you guys are camping is that open to the public or just the participants? The only scenic camping I could find is at shades state park- 30 minutes from the badlands. Any other suggestions? We do not want to camp in an empty field. Would like to have something that is wooded and such. It is our first time there so we have no idea what to expect. Any help would be great! Let us know what time you may arrive on Friday. It would be sweet to have someone show us some good runs.

Thanks
Tyler

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just for everyone else, The camp site is not open to the public it is just for private use, Troy will not let anyone go to this property without a guide (OAO,Inc.) due to the fact that his house is very near the trail and he doesn't want the trail to be abused (this is his playground) He wants people to use it, but he wants it managed. As far as bypassing challenges, I can get you around any of them it may be a reroute but it can be done. Time to complete depends on how many in the group and how many challenges they do. bypass all the challenges and you can drive the loop in just over two hours, some days it can take 4 hours to go 500ft. Body damage is very likely on some of the challenges.

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Toby Kieth said:
Just for everyone else, The camp site is not open to the public it is just for private use, Troy will not let anyone go to this property without a guide (OAO,Inc.) due to the fact that his house is very near the trail .
The first time I went to the Badlands, I got lost and ended up here. Had a helluva time just gettin' out :flipoff2:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So any updates on if you any of you guys are going to make this weekend? Trying to plan out what we are doing for saturday and wanted to know who all from Pirate is planning on going and what you guys are up for trial wise. Let me know by wednesday if possible!

Thanks
Tyler

1 - 19 of 19 Posts