Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for LED's, but nothing matched what I'm looking for. I'm looking for some that are odd shaped: 1" or smaller in width and anywhere from 6-8" in length. Any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,010 Posts
Hit tha junkyard my friend! What you describe sounds like the LED's you find as 3rd brake lights on the top of SUV's, or the trunk/spoiler of newer cars....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DRM said:
Hit tha junkyard my friend! What you describe sounds like the LED's you find as 3rd brake lights on the top of SUV's, or the trunk/spoiler of newer cars....
I like the one's on VW's they're used as a 3rd brake light. Would there be any way to use them as brake lights? (would need them to act as turn signals also) Is there a relay you would have to use or something?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Stripe said:
I searched for LED's, but nothing matched what I'm looking for. I'm looking for some that are odd shaped: 1" or smaller in width and anywhere from 6-8" in length. Any help is appreciated.
I can get you some 1x10" flush mount brake lights, but they're like $32/each.

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Stripe said:

I like the one's on VW's they're used as a 3rd brake light. Would there be any way to use them as brake lights? (would need them to act as turn signals also) Is there a relay you would have to use or something?
If they're LEDs, then you probably cannot use them as stop/turn/tail lights, because they're not wired for dual voltage. You could finagle it with normal incandecents, but it'll not be very good.
If you're looking for true 2 brightness lights, you'll have to find a S/T/T setup.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
the light blades are exactly what I'm looking for! Red Bull, do you know if they have any wired for park & signal. that's what I REALLY need but can't find too much wired with dual inputs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Re: Re: Trouble finding odd shaped LED's

RicerRamper said:

I can get you some 1x10" flush mount brake lights, but they're like $32/each.
Price isn't too bad, got some pics? I would like to order soon.

If they're LEDs, then you probably cannot use them as stop/turn/tail lights, because they're not wired for dual voltage. You could finagle it with normal incandecents, but it'll not be very good.
I was told that I could do this by using an electronic rather than a mechanical flasher unit?

·
Premium Member
108,049 Posts
Pazuzu said:

If you're looking for true 2 brightness lights, you'll have to find a S/T/T setup.
Not all use the dual voltage (unless you're using Paz speak), I believe you mean dual input. :p

·
Registered
67 Posts
LEDS

Here's what I think, I was just discussing this last night with DirtyJoe. Summit Racing in it's Import section shows having an LED replacement for under body neon tubes that have LEDS instead. It's 2 - 4' sticks and 2 - 3' sticks. All 12v volt, been toying with dropping the $200 for the kit, I think it would throw PLENTY of light for Rock lights.

Here's the company I also know of who Manufactures LED strips, much like the ones SuperBrightLEDS.com shows, but I've bought this product from them in the 1.5" White and they're absolutely bright and sell them in a weather proof housing or standard board mount.

http://www.ledlightingsystemsinc.com

I've bought from both the companies.

An electronic flasher isn't controled by load, so if they make an electronic flasher for your rig, then that should keep the flashers from freaking out, or as it's shown on SuperBright website called the Load Resistor kit

1 - 17 of 17 Posts