Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any other links to stuff like this? My bed is bent to shit along the front from having bikes and other stuff pushed against the front of the bed. I need to straighten it and make something like the bed buddy that will stiffen it up. Ive thought about making something to get more storage out of my 6 ft bed like the chase truck racks in the desert forum
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=552055
Obviously adding a place for the gas cans and the gear bags/camping gear too. I have a crew cab but hate having to put stuff in the back seat to keep it from getting dirty. Hoping to gather some ideas and start building something in the next month or so.

http://www.dirtwerkz.com/Pages/racks/bedbuddy.html

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one has done ANYTHING like what Im talking about?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm trying to come up with something right now...

As it sits, I just smash the bikes up against my toolbox in the bed of my 04 Chevy. (6' Bed.)

I want to make something that allows me to still open the toolbox and hold the front tire secure. I use soft ties or canyon dancers but, I want the front wheel locked in. I strap everything in so tight the seals are about to blow but, I drive like an idiot.

IIRC,
Universal makes a pretty sick bed rack...

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get one of the fork saver things that holds the tire and the bottom triple clamp so you cant compress them enough to blow the seals.
I think if you got/made one of the bars like I posted a pic of and bolted it to your box with a spacer then you would be able to open the box.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yeah,

I order a couple of fork saver things a couple days ago. I know I could use something like you posted but, I am going for something like you are talking about. I want to have more storage in my bed for things like Race Jugs and what not. It seems when we go ride somewhere that the whole cab and bed of my truck are filled with crap and there is hardly anywhere to sit.

I have a few pictures for reference. Let me dig them up and I'll share em with ya.

Trey

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah,

I order a couple of fork saver things a couple days ago. I know I could use something like you posted but, I am going for something like you are talking about. I want to have more storage in my bed for things like Race Jugs and what not. It seems when we go ride somewhere that the whole cab and bed of my truck are filled with crap and there is hardly anywhere to sit.

I have a few pictures for reference. Let me dig them up and I'll share em with ya.

Trey
Find the pictures?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.