Pirate 4x4 banner

Truck will not turn

686 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Mex-lego 
#1 ·
I changed my IFS steering on my rig, I didn't change a thing except the box. I filled the system with fluid, cycled the steering and when I turn driver, I go all the way to the bump stops, but when I turn passenger, it turns very little. I might get 1 and 1/4 turns on the steering and it feels like I hit the bump stops, but I am not even close. Is there something I need to adjust to make this thing turn better to the passenger side?

#4 ·
center your wheels. remove the pitman arm, count the turns from lock to lock on the box, then turn exactly 1/2 the amount of turns back (I believe it should be like 8 turns from lock to lock. So, if you count 8 from stop to stop in the box, then turn the steering wheel 4 turns back toward center from the stop), and reinstall the pitman.

the box was not aligned with your wheels. you're hitting the stop on the driver side, but hitting the internal stop on the passenger. (i.e. the truck the box came from, had the wheels turned left. Yours was probably centered):flipoff2:

Not that difficult.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.