Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m doing the mini disk conversion in the next week or so and this will be the first mod I have made to my cruiser. On the advice of others, I’m also going to add castor blocks for the slightly raised shackles. I want to make sure I can avoid any “unforseen events” while doing this to avoid any shipping down time for additional necessary parts.

I received my arms today from NM, and out of sheer excitement I wanted to check and make sure the trunnion bearings fit on the mini truck arms. I was surprised to see they wont–like the bearings are to small to fit around the arm. There does not appear to be any burs on the arms and I’m not sure if they should be forced in or if I need new bearings. By mistake, I ordered the axle rebuild kit for a 72 fj40 and in actuality I should have ordered a kit for a solid axle mini truck. Part number on the box of the Koyo’s TR0305A. I have to make one more online order, and I want to make sure I have everything before I begin. Anyone have any thoughts or pointers on this?

Mike :eek:

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
The knuckle bearings are the same for drum (72') and all disc brake 40/55/60/62/mini solid axles, but your shim and gasket kit is not going to fit the Mini-truck knuckles, spindles and hubs... You should be able to get the shim kit for ~$30...

The trunnion bearings are a tight fit on the steering arms... shouldn't have to press them on by any means, but they can be tight.

Doing wheel bearings?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I played with it for a minute and I was able to slide it about half way on with the palm of my hand. I didn't want ot go too far and not be able to get it back off. I'm good. I was planning on doing the wheel bearings.

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
BTW, with the caster shims it is a good idea to get the longer headed spring pins. Othre wise it is easy to shear the stock pins..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts