Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have any pics showing how they mounted an aftermarket fuel pump to the stock YJ assembly...

heres a pic that gives a little info... basically right now the new Walbro pump intake tube doesnt protrude far enough through the bottom of the stock YJ assembly to attach the pickup screen... somethings going to need to be done to the metal ring at the bottom of the YJ assembly so that more of the Walbro intake tube can protrude through...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks so much dude, these are great. So it looks like you basically just removed that whole metal ring at the bottom of the stock assembly that the stock pump sat in, and replaced it with a some sort of metal clamp you fabbed up? Did you reuse those rubber/foam spacers that were on the top/bottom of the stock pump.. it looks like you put one between the metal clamp and the new pump but i cant tell for sure.

thanks again for the pics man, really very helpful

·
Registered
364 Posts
I just cut off the existing bottom retiner and welded a piece of tubing with a washer on the bottom side of it on to the existing strap. I did not re-use any of the factory pump rubber parts at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts