Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 448 Posts

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well time has finally come to put my jeep on tons. When I bought it at the end of the summer of 2005 I figured it was all the jeep I would ever need :laughing:. Then after wheeling it and more research on this site the thought of going to one tons started becoming increasing likely :smokin:. It all started with finding a 79 dana 60 front fairly local in good shape in the summer of 2007. Then I started collecting parts.

The plan:
Dana 60 front 14 bolt rear
5.38 gears
3 link front
4 link rear
Coilovers (14 front / 12 rear)
All lowers built off of RE Long Arm Skid plate
All uppers using Polyperformance universal frame bracket

What it started with when I got it:
Waggy 44 Front
Isuzu 44 Rear
5.13 gears
Twin Stick 300 with 4:1

Added some body armor lowered it a little and wheeled it for a few years.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Links just hanging around

completed and painted

All 3 upper frame brackets welded and painted

Rear axle fully welded and painted

Rear coilover towers complete

Shot of it on the trailer with the fenders modified so I can drive over them …

Short list of what’s left:
Add Triple Rates to Rear
Radiator
Fan
Steering
Brakes
Cross Over Tube
Build Front Axle
Front Drive Shaft
Gear Lube Front/Rear

·
6x6x6 ROCKCRAWLER!!
1,311 Posts
Links completed and painted

Good looking build you have going on here!! I had a couple questions about some things though. With the picture I quoted above are you going to do something about the gaps in the front control arms?
And the other question I had for you was about the hole/notch you cut in the front passenger framerail... are you going to plate that to reinforce the cut? I have seen a few framerails buckle when holes like that have been added.
And finally, what made you decide to mount the rear coilovers at that angle? Just where they fit the best?
Thanks and keep up the good work!
Matt

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good looking build you have going on here!! I had a couple questions about some things though. With the picture I quoted above are you going to do something about the gaps in the front control arms?
Yeah I edited the previous post ... that is them just hanging out before pulling them completely to finish welding and then painting.

And the other question I had for you was about the hole/notch you cut in the front passenger framerail... are you going to plate that to reinforce the cut? I have seen a few framerails buckle when holes like that have been added.
Yes it will be reinforced.

And finally, what made you decide to mount the rear coilovers at that angle? Just where they fit the best?
Pretty much just like you said it ... where they fit best ...

Good looking build you have going on here!! Thanks and keep up the good work!
Matt

1 - 20 of 448 Posts