Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Pirate family,
December 5th is the last day we can recieve entry forms for Top Truck Challenge 2011.

If any of you want to enter your junk, but havn't found time to do so, this thread is your solution.

Follow these simple steps for last minute entry:

Below is the official Entry Form.
1. Print it out. Fill in the blanks.
2. Fax it to Robin Stover @831-536-1087
3. E-mail a 1 Megabyte or larger photo of your rig. Name the photo your first and last name. E-mail it to: [email protected]
***DO NOT FAX PHOTO***
4. Follow up with a phone call directly to my cell phone: 323-646-6089 to be sure that I go it.

All submissions recieved after 11:59 December 5th will not be included in the April 2011 (voting issue).

Questions:
E-mail them or call my cell.

I look forward to your entry forms.:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
soooo

I sent my pics last night to your email addy should I call friday to make sure you recieved my entry in the mail? Also how many people entered this year? Is it anything like last year where there was just enough to fill the 50. Still going to be a truck and buggy class?

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Attention TTC hopefuls:
I cannot confirm that any of the mailed-in entries got there as I'm not working from my office (LA) this week.
However, One December 7th, I plan to go into the office and open up all the entries, make copies and organize them into a binder. At that point, if I do not see your name in the group, I can get in touch with you. Do not worry, if your entry get's lost in the mail, and you have confirmed your status on this thread, you will still be included. I will just have to track you down myself.
So, to be safe, let's start a list of names of PPB members that have already entered.
So far I have:
Josh hall
Zack Ketchum

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Sent mine monday 2 day air. Should be there wednesday. Sent build pic but will have one with skins next week, Thanks Nazir....

·
Registered
300 Posts
Sent mine monday 2 day air. Should be there wednesday. Sent build pic but will have one with skins next week, Thanks Nazir....
i was hoping to see you post up.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Kinda on the same subject...

I have searched around quite a bit on here, on Fourwheeler's site and on google, but I have yet to find a copy of the rules... How or where can I get a copy of the rules? Thank you for your time, Josh.

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
I have searched around quite a bit on here, on Fourwheeler's site and on google, but I have yet to find a copy of the rules... How or where can I get a copy of the rules? Thank you for your time, Josh.
RULE #1-HAVE A GREAT TIME, DON'T WORRY, THAT PART IS EASY
GETTING VOTED IN, IS ALOT OF LUCK, or the full on support of pirate readers:grinpimp:

·
Registered
95 Posts
RULE #1-HAVE A GREAT TIME, DON'T WORRY, THAT PART IS EASY
GETTING VOTED IN, IS ALOT OF LUCK, or the full on support of pirate readers:grinpimp:
Well I've always been interested in actually seeing a copy of the rules that you and your rig have to adhere to.

...and I know they're out there because I've seen it printed- "For TTC rules go to www.fourwheeler.com/ttc......" in one of the mags and on post #471 of this build thread http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641709&page=19 "Copenhagen" says-
I saw in the rules that you cant change tires during competition. Can you modify tires during competition?

As of now, are you planning on running them in forward rotation?
...so that leads me to belive that there is real set of rules seeing as he "SAW" that in the rules. :goofball:

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Here's some of the rules that I posted in the 2010 thread from my "proof read" version of the rules last year.....

At our Monday sign-in, each driver will be assigned four wristbands – one each for driver and spotter, and two more for whomever the driver designates. Only those competitors and guests wearing wristbands will be admitted to the competition areas. You may of course bring family and friends to Hollister with you, but unless you designate them to receive one of the four wristbands, they must remain away from the Top Truck Challenge competition area for reasons of security and crowd control. Children under age 12 are not allowed within the competition areas at any time during the event, and must be accompanied at all times by an adult, age 18 and over, in all other sections of the park.

Competing vehicles do not have to be street-legal and they may consist of a tube chassis and no body panels. Tire size is also unlimited. Mufflers are required by law in the park, whether or not you run them at home.

Each vehicle competing in Top Truck Challenge MUST have a rollcage and seatbelts for the driver and any passengers. Your vehicle MUST have at least one safe attachment point at each end, at least one locking differential, and at least one fire extinguisher. WINCHES ARE REQUIRED, and bead locks are STRONGLY recommended. Rear lift blocks are permissible, but front lift blocks are not allowed. Rebar steering is not allowed. For your safety and the safety of others, nylon winch rope is strongly recommended. The use of helmets is required for the Hill Climb and Obstacle Course, and recommended for the other events. Helmets must be in compliance with safety standards established by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission or by ASTM, ANSI, Snell or other recognized certification agency. Vehicles and competitors will be checked for equipment compliance.

Use of tire chains or studs during Top Truck Challenge is prohibited. So is use of Mattracks and/or similar products and hardware. Swapping between tire types and sizes during the event is prohibited.

SEATBELTS ARE REQUIRED WHEN OPERATING A VEHICLE IN CALIFORNIA AND MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES

Tire pressure may be modified for any event. You are responsible for supplying your own compressed air. There is none available in the park.

You may service your truck in any manner you desire, but will forfeit your event points for any event in which you do not compete. The park has trashcans, but no means of disposing of hazardous wastes such as motor and gear oils, which must be captured and hauled out. You must safely dispose of such substances yourself.

Whenever you winch and use a tree for an anchor, you MUST use a tree protector. Failure to use a tree protector during winching will result in disqualification.

Keep in mind these are from last years rule book and not the entre thing, just what I could find tonight. We change/adapt the rules pretty much every year to make things better and safer.
I have a complete copy of the rules from last year on my computer at the shop, if I get time tomorrow I'll post it .

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We will post the newly revised 2011 TTC rules on Four Wheeler.com very soon.

Updated PBB list:
Josh hall
Zack Ketchum
Tim Dallner
Adam Nazir
Scott Edevold

1 - 20 of 249 Posts