Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, just got off the phone with Chris Durham. He really wants to go to TTC and put on a show like no other. If he is voted in, I will be his co-pilot! Imagine riding shotgun for a week with Chris Durham. :eek: I will need to bring plenty of underwear! :D

Ok, so make sure you guys vote for Chris, and I promise some nutty footage! ;)

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Hell I thought voting for Chris was a given! :D dudes a nut, dig it!

·
A fucking killer
7,803 Posts
I voted for Chirs "Pack your bags your going to Calli" Durham. Anyone that doesn't has NO idea what they are missing.:eek: :)

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I was gonna vote for him anyway, but I am wondering what tires he is gonna run. Hopefully not those tiny comp tires. Can we get a set of 42" Swampers at least? Or 56" Michelins??

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts
zachv said:
Hopefully not those tiny comp tires. Can we get a set of 42" Swampers at least? Or 56" Michelins??
calling john351c oh john, please report to the white courtesy booth.......... ;)

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Is four-wheeler going to be doing anything about the real-time updates that came out LONG before the mag?
I seem to remember something about them going to a new contract that will prohibit the teams from giving out info or pics before the mag comes out.

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
UGET IT said:
Yeah Baby! Can you say Support Team! Sweet Man!
Hell yeah i am voteing for him, bring me along a a support team too!

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
zachv said:
I was gonna vote for him anyway, but I am wondering what tires he is gonna run. Hopefully not those tiny comp tires. Can we get a set of 42" Swampers at least? Or 56" Michelins??
yeah I don't think he would get to far in the tank trap/frame twister/mud bog with MT/R's

·
4x4 Consultant
7,424 Posts
ROKN ZJ said:
What are the rules regarding how many people can come as support, and competitors taking their own pictures video?

For example if *I* somehow made it ;) , would they allow me to film stuff and take my own pictures or is that forbidden? If we did take our own pictures is it forbidden to release them for public viewing? Either way I'm sure with the number of PBB members who entered someone will leak the day to day results, but I was just wondering on how tightly controlled this event is.

Hal
From what I understand very tight. I really dont know the rules but I am sure they break in down to the competitors with clear guidelines.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I bet Chris has a new rig for comp. in the waiting and he will all but destroy that truck he entered!:D I got to watch him at ERROC last year and he is fawking insane!:eek:I hope he has a new rig, as all of his competition does! (Shupe, Myers, Spaceghost , and Hamilton i think?) Anyway he has my vote!!!! :D

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
ROCKTOY74 said:
I bet Chris has a new rig for comp. in the waiting and he will all but destroy that truck he entered!:D
I thought he already got rid of that truck. I could be wrong. I also thought that one of the competitors from last year mentioned something about some sort of gag order type thing will be signed this year ahead of time that says they won't release pics or results before it is in the rag.

·
Team RedNeck
786 Posts
Definately bring lots of underwear and socks and LOTS of BEER.
It seems to go Quick when the Canadians and Texans get together:D
Last year i overheard some of the four wheelers guys bitching about the "pirates" posting everything before the mag came out.They said they were going to make everyone sign a non discloser statement this year. Seems likme that would be hard to inforce.
Anyway Lance he's got my vote and i'm sure i've got yours "#66 by the way" so i look forward to seeing you there.

·
OG13 King
7,883 Posts
ROKN ZJ said:
What are the rules regarding how many people can come as support, and competitors taking their own pictures video?

For example if *I* somehow made it ;) , would they allow me to film stuff and take my own pictures or is that forbidden? If we did take our own pictures is it forbidden to release them for public viewing? Either way I'm sure with the number of PBB members who entered someone will leak the day to day results, but I was just wondering on how tightly controlled this event is.

Hal
Each team gets a total of four people, driver, spotter and two crew members/guests. People might be able to sneak in but it's dicey, everyone wears a wrist band.

You can take all the pictures you want, post and report everything on the board. After all, this is just a "little website that nobody knows about".
Lance, hope Chris gets in. It will be a good opportunity to tell the story before it hits Four Wheeler magazine :cool:.
I would have done it last year except I didn't want to spoil an opportunity with Primedia and couple of the sponsors of TTC to get some sponsership coverage in FW magazine, milking my win as far as I could. Ultimately it didn't happen, but I think I got the ball rolling. I would encourage this years winner to do the same.

To everyone on the the board that gets voted in to ttc, :beer:
It's absolutley the most fun you can have with your pants on!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts