Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy the ruffstuff 7/8 heim package with 1.5 I.d tube adapters but the local steel supply is outragous on Dom tube orders as the lil bit that I need they don't want to order it but I can get square tube 1/4 inch dirt cheap. I searched and googled but came up with nothing about puting round adapters in square tube . I know it has to be out there but I just can't figure out how to make it pop up. Please help me on this or if you have a link send me to it. This is going on a samurai with chevy 44 front and radius arm links like a Clayton long arm for an xj just to give idea. 7/8 heim on frame end and 3/4 heim on upper and bushing at axle.

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
I've built plenty of 2" .25 square links with round tube inserts. There's a slight gap to fill at the corner that's it. No reason that it can't be done.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
overkill for a sami with D44s. Burn them in and go.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What you mean overkill?? The heim size or tube size or what? It will be on 38.5s also. What would you suggest?

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
the "right" way to do it is with square rod end recievers, like ballistic or Light racing make, but really if you're not too worried about bling or pretty there's no reason you cant weld them in. You may lose a little strength due to the joint not being tight all the way around, but probably not enough to worry about in a trail rig.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So a 1.25 round insert fits a 2 inch od .250 wall square tube? I though a 1.5 would. I would really like to get the square tube adapters but ruffstuff doesn't offer em in the palace deal. I'll have to look and see what it will cost to just get heims and spacers from Dan and the adapters from balistic.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
So a 1.25 round insert fits a 2 inch od .250 wall square tube? I though a 1.5 would. I would really like to get the square tube adapters but ruffstuff doesn't offer em in the palace deal. I'll have to look and see what it will cost to just get heims and spacers from Dan and the adapters from balistic.
pretty sure he's talking about a 1.25" rod end adapter, commonly found in 1.5" od.

Yes, you'll need a 1.5" od adapter to weld into the square tube. I'll work fine.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those won't work for the ruffstuff 7/8 heim 14tpi. I'm just gonna get the round ones that come with it as as posted I'm just gonna weld em up. I do 50/50 mud and muddy trails with rocks so it should work out just fine. Thanks for everyones help!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I know you wanted to know about square tube since DOM is crazy w/ your local supplier... what about another supplier?

www.speedymetals.com

I've bought all my steel stuff from them, they're super fast and prices are quite reasonable. It's nice having it shipped to my door as well.

My $0.02

1 - 15 of 15 Posts