Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know how much a tube bender costs? and where are good places to get them?

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
to get setup with a manual bender you will spend about $600...thats with one die and a stand(I know its easy to make a stand, but its only $65-$75) I called around quite a bit and ended up getting the new NE5(ordered it yesterday and it will ship next week) it was $370+$30 shipping(this includes the degree ring and I got the 1.75" 5.5"CLR 180* Die...it was $210+$31 shipping and I bought the stand too for $65+$20 shipping
I got this from www.mtechsupply.com

also check out www.rockbuggysupply.com for the protools bender...it ends up being the same price for their standard bender with degree ring(or the protractor thing they recomend) the dies are about the same price and the stand is $75+shipping...

for me it ended up coming down to which one I prefered, and I liked the new NE5(basically the same with very minor differences)

·
Registered
32,458 Posts
You paid $85 for a stand I made for less than $10 in metal and an hours work ;)

there, now the flipside of the stand arguement has been brought up.

oh and skip the degree ring, it's not that helpful. The money would be better spent on a protractor if you wanna buy an angle indicating device

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
mike said:
You paid $85 for a stand I made for less than $10 in metal and an hours work ;)

there, now the flipside of the stand arguement has been brought up.
I know but it is a Christmas present and I dont want to have to fab up something before I can use it...I want to put it together and start bending:D:D:D

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I'LL SELL YOU MINE............ONE MILLLLLLLLLLION DOLARS:D

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
I agree with mike on the degree ring.Dont waste your money.Id get the protractor from RBS.Also go for the 240* dies.Little more money but can bend 180*.i think theres only a $25 or $30 dollar difference in the cost from RBS.:) :D :)

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys. just trying to get ideas.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
crwln73 said:
Also go for the 240* dies.Little more money but can bend 180*.i think theres only a $25 or $30 dollar difference in the cost from RBS.:) :D :)
It depends on which company you use...Protools setup you need 240* to do 180* bends JD2 you need 180* die to do 180* bends...and I agree deffinitely get the higher degree dies...

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
71RCKCRZR RYAN said:
I'LL SELL YOU MINE............ONE MILLLLLLLLLLION DOLARS:D
I hate you fawka! (Just jealous of the welder/plasma cart)

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
YUP COPIED MOST OF IT FROM THAT SITE. BEFORE I ORDERED THE STUFF I RESEARCHED IT AND FOUND OUT THAT THOSE PARTS ARE INDUSTRY STANDARD BRANDS AND ALL WORK GREAT TOGETHER. IF YOUR THINKIN OF BUILDING ONE STICK WITH THE 3" RAM. PERFECT SPEED TO CONTROLE BENDS.ALSO I HAVE MINE SETUP SO AT THE VERY END OF THE FIRST STROKE OF THE RAM THE TUBING IS AT A PERFECT 90 DEG ANGLE..SAVES A LOT OF TIME

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
I just found out(this maybe old news) that you can get the JD2 model 3 with degree ring for $266.50 directly from them...and the dies are a little cheaper through them too...:D:D:D

·
Registered
32,458 Posts
van-sant has the same prices ($235 without the waste of a degree wheel) and they didnt even charge me for shipping ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Why isn't the degree ring helpful? Can you mount the RBS protractor onto the Model 3? For ~$35 it seems worth getting rather than the $95 if you later decide you need one.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
broncobsession said:
Why isn't the degree ring helpful? Can you mount the RBS protractor onto the Model 3? For ~$35 it seems worth getting rather than the $95 if you later decide you need one.
Read the bender 101 article in the tech section then you'll understand

·
Registered
32,458 Posts
The protractor doesnt mount. Read bender 101 its an advanced version of the calipers he talks about. Now I dont have to design on my floor. I can use tube works or something

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Give Mark a call at mtechsales.com . I got my bender and a 1.75" 5.5" radius 180* for $504.00 shipped. :D The bender was $250.00 or so with the ring(Cheaper than JD2 directly). Tell him you heard about them on the PBB for the good pricing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts