Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my friend and I are looking to buy a tube bender so we can make an exo cage for my gmc and and interior cage and bumpers for his gmc

what I wanted to know is which bender would you guys prefer and what size tubing and what size dies are right for the exo job and what size is good for bumpers

we have been looking into the pro tools 105 and JD2 models 3
I did a search but I want more details about these praticular models, if they are sufficant to do the job, what else do I need to get with them
is not having a Hydraulic system that big of a deal for what we are using it for
why is the JD2 so much cheaper than the pro tools

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
search this forum and gen 4x4. This is about the most talked-about tool on Pirate.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know I did that but I want to know what size is right for my application
im going to go with pro tools but wanted to know what size die I should get

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Dunno what the perfect die is... but for my fullsize rig I got a 1.75" x 240 degree x 6" die for my ProTools 105HD.

j

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
1GMC4x4 said:
we have been looking into the pro tools 105 and JD2 models 3

why is the JD2 so much cheaper than the pro tools
:confused:

JD2.... bender $295
ring $59
pedestal $135
die (2.0") $350** (dies are from $125 to $350)
TOTAL $839

PRO TOOLS: $683
(ring, pedestal, die included).

Yep, discussed in depth... but wondering if I missed something on the pricing.

I have a JD2 model 4 -- full hydraulic. Biggest reason for hydraulic is to save my back (getting too old) and the bender is on casters to move around. For as little tube as I have bent with it... should have saved the bucks and gone model 3 manual... Then again never pulled my back out bending tube. :D

Tom :usa:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Most ppl use 1.75" tube for cages, and 1.5" tube for bumpers...The pro tools 105 and the jd2 model 3 benders are pretty much the same unless your looking at the pro tools 105hd wich is built with thicker arms.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts