Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the real world, not if you had a million$ what would you buy?
the key word is BUY.
1 a tube chassie for a four link setup. if it was around $2000
2 a tube chassie you could transplant your yota stuff (leaf spring and drivetrain) onto apx.$2400
3 a tube kit for the rear maybe $600
4 an exocage? maybe $800

I know this sounds like a newbie question but, it's not.
I don't drive a Toy or Zuk, I have a comp. single seat rig and I build stuff. I just wanted to know what most people who can't fab would buy.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: tube chassie, tube the rear or exocage?

TNToy said:
A tubing bender. :flipoff2:
you mean you don't already have one? Jeez, and all this time WE thought you were a REAL wheeler:eek: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
287 Posts
The transplant-able chassis seems like a good idea to me.

If you could get a chassis ready to drop the running gear off of a $900 rusted out truck...you could have a full-tube rig pretty easily for not too much cash...or time.

It's like transplanting your current toy's soul into a newer, better body...or something...

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
I'd go with the exo, I just couldnt stand losing the "truck" Look, if I *did* go tube, it would have to be something like Jay's, where the tube is in the shape of the truck. I sure as hell wouldnt buy it though!!! If I had millions, I'd have lots of time too, and I wouldnt have to worry about screwin up 8 thousand times, I could just toss it and try again!

I guess that means tubing bender and lots of mistakes :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
I would say the choice of transplantable chassis and a 4 link. The best of both worlds. Some guys already have leaf springs that work or some that they could build really easy/cheap. Others have or want coilovers. Build both and get twice the clientel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts