Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got any good web links on this? I'd like to use some existing body panels to top off the chassis once the tube's all stuck together. Could definitely use some tips and tricks.

·
Registered
877 Posts
John just weld some tabs on the chassis and bolt some lexan or plastic pannals that you cut to desired shape and be done. You could even rivet them. I can find out where to get large amounts of the white plastic they use for Trans Am series cars and then you just cut to fit.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that's easy enough Nick, but I'm talking about something different.
I'm planning on using a CJ cowl/ firewall instead of fabbing one (suck at bodywork) and don't know whether to set it in place and run tubes through, or build the chassis, cut up the cowl and attach the pieces around the tubing, or... :confused:

Jon

·
Registered
877 Posts
Now I get ya. I would just take some mesurements and build the chassis and build a new cowl that looked like a jeep cowl without the raised part that the window bolts to. Take a close look at Paules rig and you will see what I am talking about, besides you could narrow it better that way.

Just my .02

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
two words.....

DZUS FASTENERS

Search for pre-runner stuff, you may be able to find and entire "body" kit

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I think your rig would look awesome with a MINI body on it, now if only your shop mate would get off his arse and start doing some composite molds :D :D

·
Registered
32,454 Posts
XtremeJ said:
I think your rig would look awesome with a MINI body on it, now if only your shop mate would get off his arse and start doing some composite molds :D :D
old or new mini? ;)

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
New MINI.

I actually think a fiberglass new MINI body would fit a buggy pretty well.

Just giving Slagburn a hard time:D , he and I share a workshop

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Slagburn said:

set it in place and run tubes through,

I did this, with my zuke buggy........

Slagburn said:

or build the chassis, cut up the cowl and attach the pieces around the tubing, or... :confused:

Jon
and by the time i was 1/2 done wish I had done this.....

-yag

·
Premium Member
5,599 Posts
morpheus said:
here's some of that plastic

Colored Plastic

1/8" thick, 22" wide. In Red, White, Blue, Purple, Yellow or Black. Use for airdams, body extensions, etc. Sold in 10 ft. rolls.

pick your color 17.95 roll

http://www.speedwaymotors.com

- jack
Has anyone tried that stuff for snap on covers for there tube doors, to keep out rain and or wind.

How loud do you think the 1/8in would rattle at fater speeds.

That looks like it would work good..

expanded metal dosent cut it on the way to work in the rain:rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.