Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some clearance in front, but have some limitations. Need to keep the flares, and need to keep the inner fenderwells. Has anyone made some tube fenders that have a raised top to follow lines like the fenders on this hood?

Then just cut the hood to close over the new higher fender.

If you have seen any either in person or on line, please lead me in the right direction, looking for ideas to make fabbin them easier. Tried the search thing, and all the tube fenders that I found were flat or just tubes coming off the grill hoop wrapping around cut fenders.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A guy with a Rubi in my local jeep club did it, looks hella phat! Don't know how hard it was or how he did it, but i can see if he has a write up if you want.
James

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tube fenders

I wheeled with a guy who builds fenders like these for cruisers. I am sure he could help you out. Check out www.metaltechcages.com
Mark Hawley is the owner and he is very helpful.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Offcmbrxj, if you could find a pic or writeup that would be great.

Dingus, the link doesnt work, please post up so I can check out this guys work.

Taso, thanks for the pic, I think rev1's work is what gave me the idea, but they fall into the tube off the grill hoop and cut fender description. I already break most of the rules in jersey (still registered in Tx) and dont want to push it any further by not running flares.

·
Registered
492 Posts
kwrangln said:
Offcmbrxj, if you could find a pic or writeup that would be great.

Dingus, the link doesnt work, please post up so I can check out this guys work.

Taso, thanks for the pic, I think rev1's work is what gave me the idea, but they fall into the tube off the grill hoop and cut fender description. I already break most of the rules in jersey (still registered in Tx) and dont want to push it any further by not running flares.
If that's the case Do like how he did height wise but insted of using tubes move the inner and out fenders up to that height.

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
OFFCMBRXJ said:
A guy with a Rubi in my local jeep club did it, looks hella phat! Don't know how hard it was or how he did it, but i can see if he has a write up if you want.
James
yo dude it looks hella phat h to hizzo fo sho! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
One of the guys in our club had me build a set with a slight flare to it, wouldn't take much to make it extend out for more coverage.

·
Registered
414 Posts
so that is just kinda covering the original inner fender? i really like how those look, i bet the cops would like them better then the ones i have now too.

why didnt you just make a whole new fender? why use the old inner fender...if that is what you did?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Now *those* are some nice looking fenders, AthlonAJ. Similar to PSC, but more 'cop' friendly. Feel like makin' up a set to fit a CJ? How much $$ (regular sheetmetal instead of the diamond plate)?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
sandusk said:
why didnt you just make a whole new fender? why use the old inner fender...if that is what you did? [/B]
my guess would be b/c it is a shit load easier the way he did it...

any one run a kevlar/fiberglass hood w/ the fenders built in as shown above but kept the inner fenders? I need the clearance but need to keep the inner fenders too as I have way too much shit bolted to them & nowhere else to put it.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
why didnt you just make a whole new fender? why use the old inner fender...if that is what you did?
A whole new fender would have been A LOT more work than this was. This setup it only took off the front and partial top of the original fender off so there wasn't much time involved in that, sat the new tube fender on, drilled some holes and bolted it on. Pretty easy.

Now *those* are some nice looking fenders, AthlonAJ. Similar to PSC, but more 'cop' friendly. Feel like makin' up a set to fit a CJ? How much $$ (regular sheetmetal instead of the diamond plate)?
Thanks, I was planning on building a fixture for them at least for the TJ this late winter/spring. I don't know if anyone in our club with a CJ is wanting a set so I could use their rig as a mockup. If not, wanna come out this way?:beer:

·
Registered
320 Posts
AthlonAJ said:
Thanks, I was planning on building a fixture for them at least for the TJ this late winter/spring. I don't know if anyone in our club with a CJ is wanting a set so I could use their rig as a mockup. If not, wanna come out this way?:beer:
Sure, I'd be up for a little road trip. :jeep2:

·
Registered
55 Posts
i have some similar to athlonaj's, they come all the way out and cover with fullwidth axles. super cheap to make, but they kind of make the jeep look like an airplane from the front because they're so wide.

·
Registered
55 Posts
haha they're shiny from water :flipoff2: i bought the tires before i started lurking around finding out how shitty they were, so i'll whip on them till they're bald then upgrade. they're ok for MA wheeling though, since you see in my pic the biggest thing to climb.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts