Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tube fender TJ while keeping the inner fender

Dont flame me yet. Ive searched and seen all the tube fenders everyone builds with no inner fender. Has anyone out there built actually strong flat fenders and kept the existing inner fender in some form? I am not ready to drop the inner fender yet.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yea somebody does but can't remember who..they are an overlay of your existing fenders after you cut the crap out of them, but you can keep the inners in place...like you will hear SEARCH

·
Registered
170 Posts
found it..I'm just an old man and don't know how you-all copy an post these http's and links but bear with me ...google search fourwheeler.com and lok for "project teal-J II part VII I mostly just get on here to look at jeeps and parts, not "talkin"

·
Registered
191 Posts
Poison spider's don't use the stock inner fender but they use 3/16 steel which is better imho. I can stand on mine and i'm a fat sonsabitch.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Wes in TN said:
www.metalfusionfab.com

Best tube fenders I've seen and they retain the stock inner fenders. They are plenty stout too.
I put those in my TJ about a month ago. Very stoud. I kneel on them all the time when working in the engine compartment. I like that you can remove the panels for better access to the engine bay.

·
Registered
455 Posts
i built mine and kept the inner fender. ill post pix tomarrow when i can take them in the light. used 1 1/2 tube with 1/8 plate top and bottom. have some pics on my webshots

Attachments

·
Registered
2,568 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Obviously you CANT fawkin read. Im talking about the REAR competition cut corners. Not the tube fenders you fawkin newbie.

No where in his post does he say "My rear comp. corners are TNT customs"

ASSHAT.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It weighs about 60lbs. It's tied in to myrock sliders and the frony frame. The engine bay tube goes all the way across. It's made from 1.75" X .120 wall HREW. Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
upnover-X said:
It is all TnT Customs.... Tube fenderZ, SliderZ, CornerZ.... Check the web page out.....You should find everything you need....
That sucks that the full corners are on site installed only items.

·
Registered
536 Posts
On mine, I kept most of the stock fender and just added on over the top and incorperated the flare in at the same time. I tied it to the front grill hoop and the rock sliders and it is strong enough to move the Jeep sideways with it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts