Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of making my front fenders instead of just adding tubing to my cut front fenders on my CJ7.
I was wondering what size tubing have you guys used to make your tubed out front fenders out of.
This will be going on a wheeler (not a mall crawler) but it will be seeing some roads from the campgrounds to the trails.
And yes I have tried to use the search the last couple days but it is down.
So let the flaming begin.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I think they're mostly being made out of 1" tubing, probably around a .120 wall

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
troyman said:
I think they're mostly being made out of 1" tubing, probably around a .120 wall
I was thinking of making them out of 1" tubing. I just was not sure. And since I have to by the die for my bender I did not want to have to buy a bunch of different size dies right now. I figured I would buy them as I needed them (I know it will cost more in the long run).
I also was not sure of the thickness of the tubing. I had looked around but I have not seen where they had said how thick of tubing they used. I will have to lay of the :beer: when I am doing research.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
See my post above, looks like it's actually 1.25" tube and .125 wall HREW. Good luck on building 'em and post up some pics when you get them done.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I am in the process of making my fenders and I used 1.50" DOM. I like the way it looks... not too small, not too big.
My only worry is that the stock mounting points won't be strong enough to support the fender when I'm wheeling and it hits a tree or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts