Pirate 4x4 banner

Tubing ideas needed

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  XTRMTOY 
#1 ·
I'm posting a few pics for XTRMTOY, he wants some ideas on how to tie the tubing in on the front of his 4runner. He'll chime in with what he's looking for.

Tass

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
sceep said:
i think i'd be more worried about that cage folding over because of lack of cross bracing before i worried about the front end :eek:
Trust me, he's only just getting started with the cage. He's looking for imput on how to finish the front off first.

Tass

#10 ·
Thanks for posting the pics Tass.

The cage is not even close to being done. When it's done it will meet NEUROC requirements and have more than enough cross bracing. Right now, most of it is only tacked together.

I'm just trying to get some ideas on how to make the front look fairly good with the big 8274 sticking out.

GloNDark...Thanks for the feedback. It's virtually exactly what I have in mind right now (except for the sides). I'm not sure if it'll look that good from the side though.
Good call on the front diff, I actually hadn't noticed. I have airbags front and rear and haven't decided where ride height will be ans since the ride height effects the side to side position of the diff, that's why I haven't centered it...yet.

Mat

#12 ·
I still plan on driving it on the road when I absolutely have to. I haven't used it as a daily driver for a couple years now so no big loss as far as the on-road use. I'll be trailering it this year, but I'm still going to try to keep it legal just in case.

Tass and I will be down for the NEUROC event in May to check it out and do some wheeling. I may enter the June event depending on what I see and if my work schedule allows it.

Mat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.