Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im saving up for this one. I really like it. did a search on it on priate. and heard good things. Want to know whats the best whole saw to use. and do you guys really like this unit? or something else? I was going to get the tn-100 but for 50 more bucks the master looks a bit better made etc

Eric

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have found thru the 1000's of notches that lennox is the only way to go. They last almost a whole chassis.

Any other brand burns the teeth off on the first notch

And you need a big 1/2" drill that spins slow and has loads of torque

Brendan

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I have found thru the 1000's of notches that lennox is the only way to go. They last almost a whole chassis.
Brendan
X2 have been using Lennox with no problems.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
we use the shit out of the notch master and it works great no issues with it yet. best thing i have bought in a ling while. as for the hole saws go we have been using fastenal hole saws we can get then for 5 bucks a blade.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we use the shit out of the notch master and it works great no issues with it yet. best thing i have bought in a ling while. as for the hole saws go we have been using fastenal hole saws we can get then for 5 bucks a blade.
where do you get yours at?

I know trick tools sells some but im not sure if they are Lenox

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
I will agree with the lennox being best. Ive used alot of milwalkee's and it seems they just grenade and loose all the teeth after a few cuts.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we got our jd2 notch master from trick tools.
may i ask where you get your hole saws for 5 bucks?
still saving up for master. no in a rush since my die is in back order about 2-3 weeks from trick tools. may just get it loc

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
I've got that one, its great. Got mine at medford tools and use Lennox.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The best holesaw style notcher on the market is from JDM Manufacturing. There's doesnt have the angle limitations like the rest of them do. Dont worry about JDM's HUGE price tag...you can do like I did...buy the vise, bearing block, and drill shaft from Pro Tools(cost me like $120 I think), and make your own, using the same design. Its super simple...just 2 pieces of .5" x 2" flat bar, drill a hole in the end of them for a pivot point, mount all the components from Pro Tools to it, and your good. Mine works incredibly well, and was built for about $130. I rounded all the corners on the flat bar and everything and it looks very nice, but thats just estatics(sp?).
Hope this helps save some people money for a better product!
Kyle

·
Vendor
2,594 Posts
The best holesaw style notcher on the market is from JDM Manufacturing. There's doesnt have the angle limitations like the rest of them do. Dont worry about JDM's HUGE price tag...you can do like I did...buy the vise, bearing block, and drill shaft from Pro Tools(cost me like $120 I think), and make your own, using the same design. Its super simple...just 2 pieces of .5" x 2" flat bar, drill a hole in the end of them for a pivot point, mount all the components from Pro Tools to it, and your good. Mine works incredibly well, and was built for about $130. I rounded all the corners on the flat bar and everything and it looks very nice, but thats just estatics(sp?).
Kyle
Are talking about the JMR?

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Ditto on the Lenox holesaws. Tried every brand (some expensive) and nothing has held up even half as long. The one I have in the notcher now has been in there for a good 6 months, used on a daily basis and just won't die. It is finally getting a bit dull, but no missing teeth.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Kyle
What exactly is Pro Tools? I did some google searching and couldn't really come up with any company by that name, but if it is possible to make one of those JMR Notchers for cheap (which looking at the design shouldn't be horribly hard) I'm definitely interested.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts