Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have experience with delta force tuning, I've got a 302 with the skat 332 stroker kit, afr heads, gasket matched lower intake, upper opened up to 75mm, 75mm TB, 24lb injectors, a stock mass air, and a c&l 76mm mass air tube with stock tronics, I've tried both mass air sensors, can't seem to get either tuned right. it also has no erg, evap system, cats, or rear o2 sensors, its using the stock explorer harness, computer, and injection system, obdII and distributor less. as far as I can tell, delta force is the only tuning software for this system. it seams I can tweek just about anything with this, but I don't understand most of what I can do with it.

·
Hardcore Web Wheeler
2,724 Posts
I avoid Delta Force like the plague myself. Where are you grabbing your MAF and injector templates from?

Which PCM you running?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
computer is the inj0, getting the templates from delta force, all was good till I rebuilt the thing and did all the work to it.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Ford Pre-2005 : Moates.Net

i like this stuff.

i want to go with a late explorer system for some projects and plan to use it again.

·
Hardcore Web Wheeler
2,724 Posts
computer is the inj0, getting the templates from delta force, all was good till I rebuilt the thing and did all the work to it.
I have a bunch of Explorer defs, but that one doesn't ring a bell, I'll have to check.

Which injectors you running, the fatbody like the Cobra / 460 blue tops or the skinny Navigator type all blue with the 4 holes?
Let me know and I'll share what I've got for a template.

Start with your stock MAF and transfer, and get the injectors dialed in. Then change to whatever MAF you want and tune from there. FWIW C&L meters suck. You'd be better off grabbing an 05+ slot MAF and sticking it in a whatever size tube you want.

·
Supporting Vendor
162 Posts
I have a bunch of Explorer defs, but that one doesn't ring a bell, I'll have to check.

Which injectors you running, the fatbody like the Cobra / 460 blue tops or the skinny Navigator type all blue with the 4 holes?
Let me know and I'll share what I've got for a template.

Start with your stock MAF and transfer, and get the injectors dialed in. Then change to whatever MAF you want and tune from there. FWIW C&L meters suck. You'd be better off grabbing an 05+ slot MAF and sticking it in a whatever size tube you want.
Injectors are relatively simple in Delta Force. Simply set your Hi and low Slope just like you would in SCT or any other ford software. Then I move onto my idle settings and then start on the MAF transfer function last. A live data scanner will help you tons with dialing in your LTFT's.

·
Hardcore Web Wheeler
2,724 Posts
Injectors are relatively simple in Delta Force. Simply set your Hi and low Slope just like you would in SCT or any other ford software. Then I move onto my idle settings and then start on the MAF transfer function last. A live data scanner will help you tons with dialing in your LTFT's.
So just hi-lo, no breakpoint, offsets in Delta?

I have found that of the 3 different styles of ford 24# injectors, all 3 seem to like different settings.

Sounds like we use pretty much the same method of tuning. I like to have a really close MAF curve in before I screw with idle though.

·
Hardcore Web Wheeler
2,724 Posts
Those are the Navigator 24's. Notice the Ford part# on one side and a BMW part# on the other. I run those myself.

Here are my settings for them. If it runs good using these settings with your stock MAF, then you can upgrade your MAF and tune it.

Injector High Slope 24.1994 lbs/hr
Injector Low Slope 25.2895 lbs/hr

Injector Breakpoint

15.9998 6.1039
0.0000 6.1039

Injector Offset vs Battery Voltage
15.9375 0.0000
15.0000 0.5000
12.0000 0.7500
10.0000 1.0938
8.0000 1.6563
6.0000 3.2813
0.0000 3.2813

·
Horsepower Junkie
798 Posts
Hahahahahahaha. I have no f--king clue what any of you just said.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts