Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
First ever post here but I am in the process of building a turbo 4.0 Cherokee. It is a 1989 2 door 5 speed with the 4.0 and Renix system. I currently have an eBay 55mm Ish turbo on it with the only real upgrade being a set of used 24lb injectors from a Ford Mustang. It seems to run pretty well when it wants to start. That is where part of my problem is. I apparently have a small electrical drain or the alternator is just not charging the battery. I am at a loss as it is a brand new battery and I have no idea on where to start even looking for a short or drain. In my garage currently is a 97 wrangler 4.0 ax15 combo that I am looking at building to hold about 20-25lbs of boost and spool a little sooner. I am trying to figure out how to go about a tune/standalone as well as feedback from anyone who has possibly done something similar. I will post some pictures if anyone wants to just follow as it is a build in progress.

·
Registered
1989 Jeep Cherokee
2,128 Posts
Should be fun to follow. I have the same year Jeep so anything you find will be checked on my Jeep. Can’t say I have an electrical gremlin. I upgraded to the 105 amp GM(damn autocorrect) alternator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So after looking through everything I’m not sure I want to save the original harness. Instead I’m going to go with the MS3PRO evo and the painless 26 circuit weatherproof chassis harness. So far my list of parts coming is:

Ms3pro
Painless harness
36-1 trigger wheel and sensor
Arp head, rod, and main studs
Clevite rod and main bearings
Cometic .040 head gasket
Oem Jeep cam sensor
Water pump
Gasket sets
Cad axle fix
4x4 linkage upgrade
Battery terminals
Motor mounts
New injector pigtails

parts ready to order include:
Racepak dash
New ax-15 clutch kit

I also have parts such as LS coils, a tubular manifold to turn into a turbo manifold, and hardware for random things. If there’s anything I’m missing please let me know. Some things like pistons I’m not ordering on purpose because I want to see how the stock stuff holds up first.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Got any pics of the hot side piping?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts