Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just tryin to do some research on a 22rte swap and passed through here. what parts are interchangable between this and a 22re?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
im just tryin to do some research on a 22rte swap and passed through here. what parts are interchangable between this and a 22re?
I can't think of much of anything that's not interchangable between the two motors. Things that are different, but can be interchanged:
1) Flywheel/clutch
2) Front cover / oil pump
3) Head (larger cc, lower compression, maybe a different exhaust valve material)
4) Pistons - lower compression

In terms of bolt ons, the coolant routing is a little different.

To get it to swap, you really need the 22RTE electronics (ECU, injectors, maybe AFM) - or a stand alone ECU.

·
Vendor
4,164 Posts
I can't think of much of anything that's not interchangable between the two motors. Things that are different, but can be interchanged:
1) Flywheel/clutch
2) Front cover / oil pump
3) Head (larger cc, lower compression, maybe a different exhaust valve material)
4) Pistons - lower compression

In terms of bolt ons, the coolant routing is a little different.

To get it to swap, you really need the 22RTE electronics (ECU, injectors, maybe AFM) - or a stand alone ECU.
block, just for the oil drain
oil cooler, missing on the NA

·
Registered
219 Posts
Some small differenced in the vaccum system and pcv system as well!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry to hi-jack this thread...

but say i came across a 22rte header, turbo, harness and ecu....what would i be gettin myself into with trying to mate that with my 22re?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts